JetBlue Offers Passengers Carbon Offset Option
Under a new initiative dubbed “Jetting to Green,” JetBlue is offering its customers the opportunity to offset carbon dioxide emissions generated by their travel through a partnership with Carbonfund.org. Options start at $5 per roundtrip flight.
Other elements of Jetting to Green include publishing an environmental and social report, and offering crew members and customers opportunities to volunteer and make a difference in their own neighborhoods.
In partnership with JetBLue, Airbus, and International Aero Engines, Honeywell Aerospace announced that it will study the use of sustainable biofuel in commercial aircraft.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B