JetBlue Offers Passengers Carbon Offset Option
Under a new initiative dubbed “Jetting to Green,” JetBlue is offering its customers the opportunity to offset carbon dioxide emissions generated by their travel through a partnership with Carbonfund.org. Options start at $5 per roundtrip flight.
Other elements of Jetting to Green include publishing an environmental and social report, and offering crew members and customers opportunities to volunteer and make a difference in their own neighborhoods.
In partnership with JetBLue, Airbus, and International Aero Engines, Honeywell Aerospace announced that it will study the use of sustainable biofuel in commercial aircraft.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland