GM Exclusive Sponsor Of Planet Green
General Motors will be the exclusive automotive sponsor of Discovery Communications’ Planet Green, the first TV network devoted to environmental issues, Marketing Daily reports.
Discovery Communications’ Planet Green, a 24-hour eco-lifestyle network, scheduled to begin June 4, will feature 8 two-minute long documentary-style ads produced by Discovery Studios. Two “corporate” ads will feature GM executives — Beth Lowry, VP of environment, energy and safety policy, Larry Burns, VP of research and development, and Frank Weber, GM vehicle line executive with oversight of the Chevy Volt electric-car concept. Four of the other ads will be for Chevrolet and two for Saturn.
Apparently, the corporate ads will not feature GM vice chairman Bob Lutz who recently told reporters what he really thinks about global warming.
As part of the deal, GM’s Chevrolet division will have its products integrated in Discover’s “Greensburg,” a 13-part documentary series about the tornado that struck the Kansas town last year, and its aftermath.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- OATI Taps EnSync for Planned Microgrid
- Lime Energy to Provide Clean Energy Tech to 1,000 Small Businesses
- Celtic Bank Backs Solar to the Tune of $43 Million
- GE, Coachella Energy Building a Big Lithium-Ion Battery
- The Importance of Energy Storage System Software
- Duke Increasines Chiller Efficiency
- Pepco-Exelon Merger Rejected
- Energy Savings a Key to Calgary Building Redevelopment