GM Exclusive Sponsor Of Planet Green
General Motors will be the exclusive automotive sponsor of Discovery Communications’ Planet Green, the first TV network devoted to environmental issues, Marketing Daily reports.
Discovery Communications’ Planet Green, a 24-hour eco-lifestyle network, scheduled to begin June 4, will feature 8 two-minute long documentary-style ads produced by Discovery Studios. Two “corporate” ads will feature GM executives — Beth Lowry, VP of environment, energy and safety policy, Larry Burns, VP of research and development, and Frank Weber, GM vehicle line executive with oversight of the Chevy Volt electric-car concept. Four of the other ads will be for Chevrolet and two for Saturn.
Apparently, the corporate ads will not feature GM vice chairman Bob Lutz who recently told reporters what he really thinks about global warming.
As part of the deal, GM’s Chevrolet division will have its products integrated in Discover’s “Greensburg,” a 13-part documentary series about the tornado that struck the Kansas town last year, and its aftermath.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024