Environmental Protection – Who’s Leading?
There is a definite dichotomy in consumers’ minds between current leaders in environmental protection and who should be leading. According to Natural Marketing Institute’s 2007 LOHAS Consumer Trends Database, the largest gaps between perceived and expected performance are seen with the U.S. government and corporations. Also noteworthy is that consumers believe that the U.S. Government is currently doing more to protect the environment than corporations. Clearly, consumers expect both constituencies to “step up” to the challenge due to their ability to enact change at a more efficient and far reaching level than individual consumers.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend