Nissan Offers Carbon Offsets With Car Purchase
Nissan has introduced a carbon offset program linked to the sale of each March Collet automobile sold in Japan.
The campaign, the first of its kind in the country, allows customers to balance out their individual CO2 footprint by making a contribution to global CO2 reduction, the company reports.
For every March Collet sold, Nissan will pledge one ton of carbon credits under Carbon Offset Japan.
Nissan joins other automobile companies in the carbon offset campaign trail. Carfax is working with The Conservation Fund on a long-term carbon reduction plan that includes opportunities for Carfax dealers and used car buyers to offset the carbon emissions for the cars they buy.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland