Nissan Offers Carbon Offsets With Car Purchase
Nissan has introduced a carbon offset program linked to the sale of each March Collet automobile sold in Japan.
The campaign, the first of its kind in the country, allows customers to balance out their individual CO2 footprint by making a contribution to global CO2 reduction, the company reports.
For every March Collet sold, Nissan will pledge one ton of carbon credits under Carbon Offset Japan.
Nissan joins other automobile companies in the carbon offset campaign trail. Carfax is working with The Conservation Fund on a long-term carbon reduction plan that includes opportunities for Carfax dealers and used car buyers to offset the carbon emissions for the cars they buy.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report