Nissan Offers Carbon Offsets With Car Purchase
Nissan has introduced a carbon offset program linked to the sale of each March Collet automobile sold in Japan.
The campaign, the first of its kind in the country, allows customers to balance out their individual CO2 footprint by making a contribution to global CO2 reduction, the company reports.
For every March Collet sold, Nissan will pledge one ton of carbon credits under Carbon Offset Japan.
Nissan joins other automobile companies in the carbon offset campaign trail. Carfax is working with The Conservation Fund on a long-term carbon reduction plan that includes opportunities for Carfax dealers and used car buyers to offset the carbon emissions for the cars they buy.
Energy Manager News
- 5 Reasons Clean Energy Investments Beat Expectations
- East Coast Cities are Top 3 Most Energy Efficient
- Tri-Generation System Generates Heat, Power, Hydrogen
- Lennox Expands Commercial Packaged Rooftop Units
- US Representative Wants to Extend Tax Credits for Clean Energy
- Eaton Hired at Fort Campbell
- Schneider Software Prevents Overcooling in Data Centers
- HVAC Brain Carries Siemens Commercial Room Thermostat