Nissan Offers Carbon Offsets With Car Purchase
Nissan has introduced a carbon offset program linked to the sale of each March Collet automobile sold in Japan.
The campaign, the first of its kind in the country, allows customers to balance out their individual CO2 footprint by making a contribution to global CO2 reduction, the company reports.
For every March Collet sold, Nissan will pledge one ton of carbon credits under Carbon Offset Japan.
Nissan joins other automobile companies in the carbon offset campaign trail. Carfax is working with The Conservation Fund on a long-term carbon reduction plan that includes opportunities for Carfax dealers and used car buyers to offset the carbon emissions for the cars they buy.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store