Nissan Offers Carbon Offsets With Car Purchase
Nissan has introduced a carbon offset program linked to the sale of each March Collet automobile sold in Japan.
The campaign, the first of its kind in the country, allows customers to balance out their individual CO2 footprint by making a contribution to global CO2 reduction, the company reports.
For every March Collet sold, Nissan will pledge one ton of carbon credits under Carbon Offset Japan.
Nissan joins other automobile companies in the carbon offset campaign trail. Carfax is working with The Conservation Fund on a long-term carbon reduction plan that includes opportunities for Carfax dealers and used car buyers to offset the carbon emissions for the cars they buy.
Energy Manager News
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution