New Dell Desktop, Monitor Offer Increased Energy Savings
Dell has announced a desktop computer, the Energy Smart VostroTM 410, designed for small businesses that it says saves customers up to 47 percent in annual energy costs.
Dell also announced its first EPEAT Gold-certified display (Lenovo introduced the first EPEAT Gold rated monitor last year). In addition to an estimated 28 percent savings in annual energy costs flat panel displays offer, more than 25 percent of the 20-inch E207′s plastics are made from recycled materials, according to Dell.
Dell announced plans in May to reduce the energy consumption of its products and avoid millions of tons of CO2 emissions worldwide by designing its laptops and desktops to consume up to 25 percent less energy by 2010.
Read an EL column by Tod Arbogast, director of Sustainable Business at Dell, here.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses