Outdoor Industry Climbing Toward Sustainability
Members of the Outdoor Industry Association Eco Working Group, representing over 50 brands, met recently to begin developing a framework for a “manufacturing index” it says will help the apparel, footwear and outdoor equipment industry measure its environmental impact, EcoTextile news reports.
Kevin Myette, Director of Research and Development at Recreational Equipment, says the group’s strategy is to focus on measuring what companies do to reduce their environmental footprint, such as improving design and materials and reducing toxins and, in the short-term, packaging.
The next Eco Working Group meeting will be August at the OIA show in Salt Lake City.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike