Outdoor Industry Climbing Toward Sustainability
Members of the Outdoor Industry Association Eco Working Group, representing over 50 brands, met recently to begin developing a framework for a “manufacturing index” it says will help the apparel, footwear and outdoor equipment industry measure its environmental impact, EcoTextile news reports.
Kevin Myette, Director of Research and Development at Recreational Equipment, says the group’s strategy is to focus on measuring what companies do to reduce their environmental footprint, such as improving design and materials and reducing toxins and, in the short-term, packaging.
The next Eco Working Group meeting will be August at the OIA show in Salt Lake City.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds
- CMU Energy Efficiency Efforts Save $10M in 7 Years
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20