Outdoor Industry Climbing Toward Sustainability
Members of the Outdoor Industry Association Eco Working Group, representing over 50 brands, met recently to begin developing a framework for a “manufacturing index” it says will help the apparel, footwear and outdoor equipment industry measure its environmental impact, EcoTextile news reports.
Kevin Myette, Director of Research and Development at Recreational Equipment, says the group’s strategy is to focus on measuring what companies do to reduce their environmental footprint, such as improving design and materials and reducing toxins and, in the short-term, packaging.
The next Eco Working Group meeting will be August at the OIA show in Salt Lake City.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management