Outdoor Industry Climbing Toward Sustainability
Members of the Outdoor Industry Association Eco Working Group, representing over 50 brands, met recently to begin developing a framework for a “manufacturing index” it says will help the apparel, footwear and outdoor equipment industry measure its environmental impact, EcoTextile news reports.
Kevin Myette, Director of Research and Development at Recreational Equipment, says the group’s strategy is to focus on measuring what companies do to reduce their environmental footprint, such as improving design and materials and reducing toxins and, in the short-term, packaging.
The next Eco Working Group meeting will be August at the OIA show in Salt Lake City.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array