Outdoor Industry Climbing Toward Sustainability
Members of the Outdoor Industry Association Eco Working Group, representing over 50 brands, met recently to begin developing a framework for a “manufacturing index” it says will help the apparel, footwear and outdoor equipment industry measure its environmental impact, EcoTextile news reports.
Kevin Myette, Director of Research and Development at Recreational Equipment, says the group’s strategy is to focus on measuring what companies do to reduce their environmental footprint, such as improving design and materials and reducing toxins and, in the short-term, packaging.
The next Eco Working Group meeting will be August at the OIA show in Salt Lake City.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE