Top Companies, Schwarzenegger, Blair Launch ‘Together’ Climate Campaign
California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and former Prime Minister Tony Blair helped launch the “Together” campaign in the U.S. today.
Together is a campaign of The Climate Group, which calls it “the largest-ever U.S. consumer engagement campaign on climate change.”
The Alliance for Climate Protection recently announced that it will spend $300 million over the next three years on a global warming marketing campaig.
The campaign has so far garnered the support of U.S. companies including JPMorgan, Chase, Dell, Lenovo, MySpace, Nestle Waters, RecycleBank, Target, Timberland, the National Wildlife Federation and others. The governments of New York, Boston, Chicago, Miami, Seattle, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas also support the campaign, and The Climate Group says it expects dozens more companies to sign up in coming months.
The Climate Group says it will roll out the campaign to China, India, Hong Kong and Australia in the coming months.
Together was launched in the U.K. by Tony Blair last year and has so far helped consumers there save half-a-million tons of CO2 and more than $200 million on rising household bills, according to The Climate Group.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management