SoftLayer Cuts Packaging By 80%
SoftLayer says it has received its first delivery of servers under a new server packaging program that reduces packing materials by 80 percent.
Based on EPA figures, its new packaging program will save over 750 trees per year, the company says.
Since the shipment of its first server in 2006, SoftLayer says it has recycled all of its data center materials, eliminated more than eight pounds of packing material per server, and stopped the shipment of user manuals and unnecessary components.
Energy Manager News
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo