SoftLayer Cuts Packaging By 80%
SoftLayer says it has received its first delivery of servers under a new server packaging program that reduces packing materials by 80 percent.
Based on EPA figures, its new packaging program will save over 750 trees per year, the company says.
Since the shipment of its first server in 2006, SoftLayer says it has recycled all of its data center materials, eliminated more than eight pounds of packing material per server, and stopped the shipment of user manuals and unnecessary components.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE