SoftLayer Cuts Packaging By 80%
SoftLayer says it has received its first delivery of servers under a new server packaging program that reduces packing materials by 80 percent.
Based on EPA figures, its new packaging program will save over 750 trees per year, the company says.
Since the shipment of its first server in 2006, SoftLayer says it has recycled all of its data center materials, eliminated more than eight pounds of packing material per server, and stopped the shipment of user manuals and unnecessary components.
Energy Manager News
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of ‘Instant Connect’ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along