SoftLayer Cuts Packaging By 80%
SoftLayer says it has received its first delivery of servers under a new server packaging program that reduces packing materials by 80 percent.
Based on EPA figures, its new packaging program will save over 750 trees per year, the company says.
Since the shipment of its first server in 2006, SoftLayer says it has recycled all of its data center materials, eliminated more than eight pounds of packing material per server, and stopped the shipment of user manuals and unnecessary components.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macy‚Äôs Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses