SoftLayer Cuts Packaging By 80%
SoftLayer says it has received its first delivery of servers under a new server packaging program that reduces packing materials by 80 percent.
Based on EPA figures, its new packaging program will save over 750 trees per year, the company says.
Since the shipment of its first server in 2006, SoftLayer says it has recycled all of its data center materials, eliminated more than eight pounds of packing material per server, and stopped the shipment of user manuals and unnecessary components.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike