Panasonic Launches ‘Eco Ideas Factory’
Panasonic has released an environmental statement that outlines the company’s mid- and long-term environmental management plans. Of particular interest, the company has set up an “Eco Ideas Factory” at the Kusatsu Factory of Matsushita Home Appliances Company. The name plays off Panasonic’s eco concepts: “eco ideas for manufacturing,” “eco ideas for products,” and “eco ideas for everybody, everywhere.”
Last year, Panasonic announced a goal of eliminating 300,000 tons of CO2 emissions during the next three years, lowering the total CO2 level to 3.68 million tons in fiscal year 2010 from 3.98 million tons in fiscal year 2007. In fiscal year 2011, the company intends to bring it down further to around 3.60 million tons, the level of fiscal year 2001.
According to the new statement, HA Company’s entire manufacturing processes will be reviewed, including design and manufacturing methods by focusing on casting, air-pressing, molding and coating processes, according to the company. The target is to eliminate 29,000 tons of CO2 emissions between the end of March 2007 and March 2010 (FY 2007 to FY 2010). This amount corresponds to a 23 percent reduction in CO2 emissions per basic unit.
The company will also develop more energy-efficient products and encourage consumers to use eco-friendly products. The final aim is to cut household CO2 emissions. Core environmental technologies being explored include include heat pumps that enable efficient energy use, heat insulation that reduces energy waste, and home use fuel cell cogeneration systems.
HA says it will increase the number of products with high energy-saving performance and eliminate those of lower performance.
Energy Manager News
- 77 Maryland Families Evicted After Condo Association Defaults on Utility Bills
- C&I Ratepayers Are Driving Green Tariff Development in Regulated Markets
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind