Monadnock Releases New Edition Of Sustainable Printing Guide
Monadnock Paper Mills has announced the third edition of “A Field Guide: Eco-Friendly, Efficient and Effective Print,” the company’s how-to guide for creating more sustainable print materials.
New information includes a chapter on eco-marketing and “greenwashing,” and new information on inks and finishing.
The company says the guide outlines alternative design decisions that impact sustainability without sacrificing style or effectiveness, including paper choice and contents, recycling, chemical labeling, sizing, inks and coatings, finishing techniques, binding, printing processes and the use of environmental logos.
Sustainable printing has entered the retail side of things with Xerox bundling GreenPrint software with some of its printers. GreenPrint says the software can save the average user over $90 and 1,400 wasted pages per year.
Energy Manager News
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices
- SolarCity Poll: Most Illinois Residents Oppose Utility Demand Charges
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries