Monadnock Releases New Edition Of Sustainable Printing Guide
Monadnock Paper Mills has announced the third edition of “A Field Guide: Eco-Friendly, Efficient and Effective Print,” the company’s how-to guide for creating more sustainable print materials.
New information includes a chapter on eco-marketing and “greenwashing,” and new information on inks and finishing.
The company says the guide outlines alternative design decisions that impact sustainability without sacrificing style or effectiveness, including paper choice and contents, recycling, chemical labeling, sizing, inks and coatings, finishing techniques, binding, printing processes and the use of environmental logos.
Sustainable printing has entered the retail side of things with Xerox bundling GreenPrint software with some of its printers. GreenPrint says the software can save the average user over $90 and 1,400 wasted pages per year.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array