GE Says Fleet Services Program Reducing Costs, Emissions
Some businesses are reducing average fuel costs by 15 percent, with savings up to $15,000 per vehicle, through a new program called Environmental Performance from GE Capital Solutions Fleet Services.
GE adds that it expects Environmental Performance to save customers more than $145 million in fuel costs, avoid 270,00 metric tons of CO2 emissions by 2011.
Fleet Services aims to deploy 40,000 units this year, which the company says will produce $26 million in fuel cost savings (based on $4 per gallon), 48,000 metric tons of CO2 reduction for customers, or 270,000 metric tons of CO2 emissions by 2011.In other GE news, GE Energy announced that it has increased its equity share in PrimeStar Solar, a solar thin-film technology and manufacturing company. In addition to a renewable energy portfolio that includes biomass, GE says it has an installed fleet of more than 8,500 1.5-megawatt wind turbines.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices