Strategic Energy Supplies Offsets For Clean Air Business Competition
50 MWhs of renewable energy credits (RECs) were provided by Strategic Energy in conjunction with the Great Race for Clean Air — a friendly competition between employers in the San Francisco Bay Area aimed at encouraging the use of alternative transportation to and from work, Strategic Energy announced.
The RECs were used to power the competition’s June 12, 2008 kickoff.
Strategic Energy said it would also purchase carbon offsets from a California wind farm for the participants’ travel to and from the event.
The kickoff summit included workshops on employee commute-benefit programs, marketing and communication strategies, and environmental education.
An increasing number of companies are offering their employees incentives for saving energy, like gas cards and telecommuting options.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports