Strategic Energy Supplies Offsets For Clean Air Business Competition
50 MWhs of renewable energy credits (RECs) were provided by Strategic Energy in conjunction with the Great Race for Clean Air — a friendly competition between employers in the San Francisco Bay Area aimed at encouraging the use of alternative transportation to and from work, Strategic Energy announced.
The RECs were used to power the competition’s June 12, 2008 kickoff.
Strategic Energy said it would also purchase carbon offsets from a California wind farm for the participants’ travel to and from the event.
The kickoff summit included workshops on employee commute-benefit programs, marketing and communication strategies, and environmental education.
An increasing number of companies are offering their employees incentives for saving energy, like gas cards and telecommuting options.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners