Strategic Energy Supplies Offsets For Clean Air Business Competition
50 MWhs of renewable energy credits (RECs) were provided by Strategic Energy in conjunction with the Great Race for Clean Air — a friendly competition between employers in the San Francisco Bay Area aimed at encouraging the use of alternative transportation to and from work, Strategic Energy announced.
The RECs were used to power the competition’s June 12, 2008 kickoff.
Strategic Energy said it would also purchase carbon offsets from a California wind farm for the participants’ travel to and from the event.
The kickoff summit included workshops on employee commute-benefit programs, marketing and communication strategies, and environmental education.
An increasing number of companies are offering their employees incentives for saving energy, like gas cards and telecommuting options.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland