Strategic Energy Supplies Offsets For Clean Air Business Competition
50 MWhs of renewable energy credits (RECs) were provided by Strategic Energy in conjunction with the Great Race for Clean Air — a friendly competition between employers in the San Francisco Bay Area aimed at encouraging the use of alternative transportation to and from work, Strategic Energy announced.
The RECs were used to power the competition’s June 12, 2008 kickoff.
Strategic Energy said it would also purchase carbon offsets from a California wind farm for the participants’ travel to and from the event.
The kickoff summit included workshops on employee commute-benefit programs, marketing and communication strategies, and environmental education.
An increasing number of companies are offering their employees incentives for saving energy, like gas cards and telecommuting options.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Aspen Now 100% Powered by Renewable Resources
- Energy Efficiency: Building Owners Increasingly “Get It”
- 3 Technologies that Will Keep Energy Costs in Check
- Anaerobic Digester Project Starts on Long Island, NY
- Seward to Use Resurrection Bay for Heat
- An Iconic Structure Gets Certified Silver By LEED
- Sioux City, Woodbury County Getting LED Upgrade
- Buzz Oates Group Mounts Big LED Retrofit Project in Sacramento