Strategic Energy Supplies Offsets For Clean Air Business Competition
50 MWhs of renewable energy credits (RECs) were provided by Strategic Energy in conjunction with the Great Race for Clean Air — a friendly competition between employers in the San Francisco Bay Area aimed at encouraging the use of alternative transportation to and from work, Strategic Energy announced.
The RECs were used to power the competition’s June 12, 2008 kickoff.
Strategic Energy said it would also purchase carbon offsets from a California wind farm for the participants’ travel to and from the event.
The kickoff summit included workshops on employee commute-benefit programs, marketing and communication strategies, and environmental education.
An increasing number of companies are offering their employees incentives for saving energy, like gas cards and telecommuting options.
Energy Manager News
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs
- GM’s Renewable Efforts Build from the Ground Up
- Fairbanks Completes 4 Building Project in MA