Hulk Tries For Green Connection, Launches Carbon Calculator
The marketing folks at Universal Pictures are trying to create a relationship between the green star of its latest action movie and the green movement.
The studio and the World Land Trust have developed a calculator that the organizations hope will get film fans to go online and balance their carbon emissions. Funds raised go to the World Land Trust’s Paraguay Project, Yahoo reports.
In the past, according to this Wikipedia entry, the movie’s producer, Gale Ann Hurd, has said that the Hulk, being green, is a popular environmental analogy, which is news to us.
But the film has gone a ways to make its production more environmentally friendly, which has resulted in The Hulk being the first film to feature the Environmental Media Association’s Green Seal in the closing credits, Ecorazzi reports.
Energy Manager News
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices
- SolarCity Poll: Most Illinois Residents Oppose Utility Demand Charges
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries