Hulk Tries For Green Connection, Launches Carbon Calculator
The marketing folks at Universal Pictures are trying to create a relationship between the green star of its latest action movie and the green movement.
The studio and the World Land Trust have developed a calculator that the organizations hope will get film fans to go online and balance their carbon emissions. Funds raised go to the World Land Trust’s Paraguay Project, Yahoo reports.
In the past, according to this Wikipedia entry, the movie’s producer, Gale Ann Hurd, has said that the Hulk, being green, is a popular environmental analogy, which is news to us.
But the film has gone a ways to make its production more environmentally friendly, which has resulted in The Hulk being the first film to feature the Environmental Media Association’s Green Seal in the closing credits, Ecorazzi reports.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years