Hulk Tries For Green Connection, Launches Carbon Calculator
The marketing folks at Universal Pictures are trying to create a relationship between the green star of its latest action movie and the green movement.
The studio and the World Land Trust have developed a calculator that the organizations hope will get film fans to go online and balance their carbon emissions. Funds raised go to the World Land Trust’s Paraguay Project, Yahoo reports.
In the past, according to this Wikipedia entry, the movie’s producer, Gale Ann Hurd, has said that the Hulk, being green, is a popular environmental analogy, which is news to us.
But the film has gone a ways to make its production more environmentally friendly, which has resulted in The Hulk being the first film to feature the Environmental Media Association’s Green Seal in the closing credits, Ecorazzi reports.
Energy Manager News
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016