Hulk Tries For Green Connection, Launches Carbon Calculator
The marketing folks at Universal Pictures are trying to create a relationship between the green star of its latest action movie and the green movement.
The studio and the World Land Trust have developed a calculator that the organizations hope will get film fans to go online and balance their carbon emissions. Funds raised go to the World Land Trust’s Paraguay Project, Yahoo reports.
In the past, according to this Wikipedia entry, the movie’s producer, Gale Ann Hurd, has said that the Hulk, being green, is a popular environmental analogy, which is news to us.
But the film has gone a ways to make its production more environmentally friendly, which has resulted in The Hulk being the first film to feature the Environmental Media Association’s Green Seal in the closing credits, Ecorazzi reports.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency