Sustainable Design Initiative Launched
Italian design branding firm Brandit, and the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) kicked off the venture recently in response to consumers who increasingly consider environmental sustainability and ethical production when making purchases.
The SAIC and its partners plan to host workshops, discussions, and exchanges over the next five years.
Partners include the Sustainable Furniture Council and a host of furniture designers, home desingers, architects and others including Parri Design, Pagano, Morelato, and lighting company MetalSpot.
“We need to rethink the relationship between the manufacturer and the designer, and the many factors affecting [a product’s] sustainability,” says Hennie Reynders, the head of SAIC’s department of interior architecture and design department.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves