Sustainable Design Initiative Launched
Italian design branding firm Brandit, and the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) kicked off the venture recently in response to consumers who increasingly consider environmental sustainability and ethical production when making purchases.
The SAIC and its partners plan to host workshops, discussions, and exchanges over the next five years.
Partners include the Sustainable Furniture Council and a host of furniture designers, home desingers, architects and others including Parri Design, Pagano, Morelato, and lighting company MetalSpot.
“We need to rethink the relationship between the manufacturer and the designer, and the many factors affecting [a product’s] sustainability,” says Hennie Reynders, the head of SAIC’s department of interior architecture and design department.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend