Sustainable Design Initiative Launched
Italian design branding firm Brandit, and the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) kicked off the venture recently in response to consumers who increasingly consider environmental sustainability and ethical production when making purchases.
The SAIC and its partners plan to host workshops, discussions, and exchanges over the next five years.
Partners include the Sustainable Furniture Council and a host of furniture designers, home desingers, architects and others including Parri Design, Pagano, Morelato, and lighting company MetalSpot.
“We need to rethink the relationship between the manufacturer and the designer, and the many factors affecting [a product’s] sustainability,” says Hennie Reynders, the head of SAIC’s department of interior architecture and design department.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant