Sustainable Design Initiative Launched
Italian design branding firm Brandit, and the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) kicked off the venture recently in response to consumers who increasingly consider environmental sustainability and ethical production when making purchases.
The SAIC and its partners plan to host workshops, discussions, and exchanges over the next five years.
Partners include the Sustainable Furniture Council and a host of furniture designers, home desingers, architects and others including Parri Design, Pagano, Morelato, and lighting company MetalSpot.
“We need to rethink the relationship between the manufacturer and the designer, and the many factors affecting [a product’s] sustainability,” says Hennie Reynders, the head of SAIC’s department of interior architecture and design department.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters