Sustainable Design Initiative Launched
Italian design branding firm Brandit, and the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) kicked off the venture recently in response to consumers who increasingly consider environmental sustainability and ethical production when making purchases.
The SAIC and its partners plan to host workshops, discussions, and exchanges over the next five years.
Partners include the Sustainable Furniture Council and a host of furniture designers, home desingers, architects and others including Parri Design, Pagano, Morelato, and lighting company MetalSpot.
“We need to rethink the relationship between the manufacturer and the designer, and the many factors affecting [a product’s] sustainability,” says Hennie Reynders, the head of SAIC’s department of interior architecture and design department.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market