Far West Rice Installs 1MW Solar Power System
With the help of $1.8 million in rebates from Pacific Gas & Electric, Far West Rice in California has installed a multi-million dollar 1MW solar project containing more than 5,500 photovoltaic modules from Mitsubishi Electric.
The system is expected to deliver 1,440,000 kwh a year and provide approximately 75 percent of the rice plant’s energy needs.
Solar companies are becoming financial intermediaries, leading companies to install solar power that wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford it.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform