Far West Rice Installs 1MW Solar Power System
With the help of $1.8 million in rebates from Pacific Gas & Electric, Far West Rice in California has installed a multi-million dollar 1MW solar project containing more than 5,500 photovoltaic modules from Mitsubishi Electric.
The system is expected to deliver 1,440,000 kwh a year and provide approximately 75 percent of the rice plant’s energy needs.
Solar companies are becoming financial intermediaries, leading companies to install solar power that wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford it.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market