Far West Rice Installs 1MW Solar Power System
With the help of $1.8 million in rebates from Pacific Gas & Electric, Far West Rice in California has installed a multi-million dollar 1MW solar project containing more than 5,500 photovoltaic modules from Mitsubishi Electric.
The system is expected to deliver 1,440,000 kwh a year and provide approximately 75 percent of the rice plant’s energy needs.
Solar companies are becoming financial intermediaries, leading companies to install solar power that wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford it.
Energy Manager News
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money