Far West Rice Installs 1MW Solar Power System
With the help of $1.8 million in rebates from Pacific Gas & Electric, Far West Rice in California has installed a multi-million dollar 1MW solar project containing more than 5,500 photovoltaic modules from Mitsubishi Electric.
The system is expected to deliver 1,440,000 kwh a year and provide approximately 75 percent of the rice plant’s energy needs.
Solar companies are becoming financial intermediaries, leading companies to install solar power that wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford it.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment