Far West Rice Installs 1MW Solar Power System
With the help of $1.8 million in rebates from Pacific Gas & Electric, Far West Rice in California has installed a multi-million dollar 1MW solar project containing more than 5,500 photovoltaic modules from Mitsubishi Electric.
The system is expected to deliver 1,440,000 kwh a year and provide approximately 75 percent of the rice plant’s energy needs.
Solar companies are becoming financial intermediaries, leading companies to install solar power that wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford it.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform