BeGreen Announces Carbon Calculator For Green Builders
Based on the USGBC’s LEED program, the calculator joins a handful of others tailored to the green building industry.
Once a company provides information, such as a building’s size and the amount of carbon emissions it wants to offset, BeGreen, the carbon offset division of Austin-based Green Mountain Energy, provides a contract and a purchase certificate for renewable energy credits.
Gillan Taddune, chief environmental officer of BeGreen, attributes a quadrupling of carbon offset sales in the past year to new LEED requirements that will take effect in Dallas this fall.
Last year, the University of Texas’ Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center and Seattle-based Mithun design firm launched BuildCarbonNeutral.org, a calculator that tracks CO2 emissions from the making of materials to their installation.
From hotels to movie studios, carbon calculators are gaining traction.
Energy Manager News
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution