Stern Helps Launch New Carbon Ratings Agency
The UK Government’s climate change adviser, Sir Nicholas Stern, helped launch an initiative aimed at illustrating how clarity and transparency can boost investment and increase chances of companies delivering effective emissions reductions.
The service provides detailed credit ratings for carbon offset assets in the CDM, JI and voluntary markets. Each asset studied is given a rating based on an analysis of the underlying project, leading to an assessment of the likelihood of it delivering its stated emissions reductions in the stated time period. The Carbon Ratings Agency also considers the economic and social development benefits that the project does, or does not bring.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry