Stern Helps Launch New Carbon Ratings Agency
The UK Government’s climate change adviser, Sir Nicholas Stern, helped launch an initiative aimed at illustrating how clarity and transparency can boost investment and increase chances of companies delivering effective emissions reductions.
The service provides detailed credit ratings for carbon offset assets in the CDM, JI and voluntary markets. Each asset studied is given a rating based on an analysis of the underlying project, leading to an assessment of the likelihood of it delivering its stated emissions reductions in the stated time period. The Carbon Ratings Agency also considers the economic and social development benefits that the project does, or does not bring.
Energy Manager News
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research