Stern Helps Launch New Carbon Ratings Agency
The UK Government’s climate change adviser, Sir Nicholas Stern, helped launch an initiative aimed at illustrating how clarity and transparency can boost investment and increase chances of companies delivering effective emissions reductions.
The service provides detailed credit ratings for carbon offset assets in the CDM, JI and voluntary markets. Each asset studied is given a rating based on an analysis of the underlying project, leading to an assessment of the likelihood of it delivering its stated emissions reductions in the stated time period. The Carbon Ratings Agency also considers the economic and social development benefits that the project does, or does not bring.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland