Stern Helps Launch New Carbon Ratings Agency
The UK Government’s climate change adviser, Sir Nicholas Stern, helped launch an initiative aimed at illustrating how clarity and transparency can boost investment and increase chances of companies delivering effective emissions reductions.
The service provides detailed credit ratings for carbon offset assets in the CDM, JI and voluntary markets. Each asset studied is given a rating based on an analysis of the underlying project, leading to an assessment of the likelihood of it delivering its stated emissions reductions in the stated time period. The Carbon Ratings Agency also considers the economic and social development benefits that the project does, or does not bring.
Energy Manager News
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution