Stern Helps Launch New Carbon Ratings Agency
The UK Government’s climate change adviser, Sir Nicholas Stern, helped launch an initiative aimed at illustrating how clarity and transparency can boost investment and increase chances of companies delivering effective emissions reductions.
The service provides detailed credit ratings for carbon offset assets in the CDM, JI and voluntary markets. Each asset studied is given a rating based on an analysis of the underlying project, leading to an assessment of the likelihood of it delivering its stated emissions reductions in the stated time period. The Carbon Ratings Agency also considers the economic and social development benefits that the project does, or does not bring.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management