Commute Program Helps Juniper Employees Reduce Trips
Here’s a look at the commute and transportation program at Juniper Networks, which won a 2008 Business Environmental Award from Acterra. Juniper makes a wide range of transportation programs available, from mass transit subsidies to telecommuting programs to financial incentives, which helped the company achieve over 24% trip reduction in 2007. Among other initiatives, the company provides EcoPasses free of charge, so their employees can have unlimited rides on VTA buses and light rail throughout Santa Clara County, and offers subsidies toward purchasing their Caltrains transit pass.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending September 24
- Research Makes Gains on Combined Energy Systems, Heat Exchangers
- School Projects in MA, CO
- Pattern Energy Completes 200 MW Logan’s Gap Wind Facility in Texas
- Marine Corps Upgrading 37 Buildings at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
- Photovoltaic Projects in TN, CT
- California Pushing Solar to Economically Disadvantaged Communities
- QM Power Introduces Efficient Motor