Commute Program Helps Juniper Employees Reduce Trips
Here’s a look at the commute and transportation program at Juniper Networks, which won a 2008 Business Environmental Award from Acterra. Juniper makes a wide range of transportation programs available, from mass transit subsidies to telecommuting programs to financial incentives, which helped the company achieve over 24% trip reduction in 2007. Among other initiatives, the company provides EcoPasses free of charge, so their employees can have unlimited rides on VTA buses and light rail throughout Santa Clara County, and offers subsidies toward purchasing their Caltrains transit pass.
Energy Manager News
- 18 Organizations Recognized for Cutting Parking Facility Energy Use
- ASHRAE Updates Lighting and Controls Guidelines
- RI Town Begins $620,000 Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- Businesses Offered ‘Instant Rebates’ from Utility
- Rocky Mountain Institute Provides Energy Retrofit Course
- DOE Awards $600,000 for Building Energy Efficiency Projects
- 3Degrees Helps Companies Procure Renewables