IBM Launches Green Consulting Service
IBM has launched a consulting service to help users assess their CSR reporting, the effectiveness of their environmental policies, labor practices, regulatory compliance, corporate values, and other CSR-related activities.
IBM says its CSR Strategy Assessment and Roadmap can helps client with its carbon footprint analysis and management; environmental procurement; CSR policy development and monitoring for suppliers.
“Operating a business ethically and environmentally is not only a requirement today, but also an opportunity — companies that demonstrate they adhere to the highest societal expectations of conduct have a significant advantage in attracting consumers, investors and talent,” said George Pohle, IBM vice president and global leader for business strategy consulting. “But in order to do that, companies must be able to accurately assess how well they meet those expectations now, and where and how to make improvements.”
Data from a survey by IBM of c-level executives at more than 250 companies worldwide, shows that more than 75 percent of the executives admit they don’t understand their customers’ concerns about CSR, and only 17 percent are even asking them.
The majority of respondents said they plan to increase their investments in CSR activities by 25 percent over the next three years.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE