IBM Launches Green Consulting Service
IBM has launched a consulting service to help users assess their CSR reporting, the effectiveness of their environmental policies, labor practices, regulatory compliance, corporate values, and other CSR-related activities.
IBM says its CSR Strategy Assessment and Roadmap can helps client with its carbon footprint analysis and management; environmental procurement; CSR policy development and monitoring for suppliers.
“Operating a business ethically and environmentally is not only a requirement today, but also an opportunity — companies that demonstrate they adhere to the highest societal expectations of conduct have a significant advantage in attracting consumers, investors and talent,” said George Pohle, IBM vice president and global leader for business strategy consulting. “But in order to do that, companies must be able to accurately assess how well they meet those expectations now, and where and how to make improvements.”
Data from a survey by IBM of c-level executives at more than 250 companies worldwide, shows that more than 75 percent of the executives admit they don’t understand their customers’ concerns about CSR, and only 17 percent are even asking them.
The majority of respondents said they plan to increase their investments in CSR activities by 25 percent over the next three years.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend
- Energy Management: The Internet of Things Changes Everything
- Big Biogas Project Underway Down Under
- Kroger, Love’s Sign with LSI Industries