Owens Corning Installing Solar Power System
Owens Corning is installing a 206 kilowatt solar power system on the roof of its Gresham, Oregon facility.
The company has entered into an agreement with Sun Edison to install and operate the system which is scheduled to be up and running by the fourth quarter of 2008.
Owens Corning is working toward a July 2009 start up of foam insulation production at the facility.
According to a recently released sustainability report, Owens Corning’s GHG emissions rose in 2007 by 300,000 tons even though it had reduced energy use.
Energy Manager News
- The Forecast is Good for the Solar Industry
- Honeywell Upgrading Rock Island Arsenal Garrison
- A Simple Fix to Save Energy in NYC
- Connecticut, The Microgrid State
- More Large Green Buildings, Still Few Small Ones
- OSI and Cascade Cut Energy Use in Food Processing Facilities
- Data Center Energy Savings: Start with the Servers
- Toyota Plant in Kentucky Rolls Out Bioenergy