Owens Corning Installing Solar Power System
Owens Corning is installing a 206 kilowatt solar power system on the roof of its Gresham, Oregon facility.
The company has entered into an agreement with Sun Edison to install and operate the system which is scheduled to be up and running by the fourth quarter of 2008.
Owens Corning is working toward a July 2009 start up of foam insulation production at the facility.
According to a recently released sustainability report, Owens Corning’s GHG emissions rose in 2007 by 300,000 tons even though it had reduced energy use.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform