Owens Corning Installing Solar Power System
Owens Corning is installing a 206 kilowatt solar power system on the roof of its Gresham, Oregon facility.
The company has entered into an agreement with Sun Edison to install and operate the system which is scheduled to be up and running by the fourth quarter of 2008.
Owens Corning is working toward a July 2009 start up of foam insulation production at the facility.
According to a recently released sustainability report, Owens Corning’s GHG emissions rose in 2007 by 300,000 tons even though it had reduced energy use.
Energy Manager News
- 5 Reasons Clean Energy Investments Beat Expectations
- East Coast Cities are Top 3 Most Energy Efficient
- Tri-Generation System Generates Heat, Power, Hydrogen
- Lennox Expands Commercial Packaged Rooftop Units
- US Representative Wants to Extend Tax Credits for Clean Energy
- Eaton Hired at Fort Campbell
- Schneider Software Prevents Overcooling in Data Centers
- HVAC Brain Carries Siemens Commercial Room Thermostat