Owens Corning Installing Solar Power System
Owens Corning is installing a 206 kilowatt solar power system on the roof of its Gresham, Oregon facility.
The company has entered into an agreement with Sun Edison to install and operate the system which is scheduled to be up and running by the fourth quarter of 2008.
Owens Corning is working toward a July 2009 start up of foam insulation production at the facility.
According to a recently released sustainability report, Owens Corning’s GHG emissions rose in 2007 by 300,000 tons even though it had reduced energy use.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management