Freight Management’s Software Aims To Cut Emissions From Shipping
With its new EPA SmartWay certification in hand, Freight Management Inc. has introduced a new offering dubbed “OptiGreen.”
The OptiGreen Program is built around the company’s new software. “Distribution Pollution Solution,” which FMI says can calculate carbon emissions between departure and arrival then recommend alternate shipping strategies, methods or routes to lower those carbon emissions.
The company says that the carbon emissions data comes from research by industry experts and from the standards outlined in the Greenhouse Gas Protocol Initiative.
Other supply chain software products:
ILOG recently released a Carbon Footprint extension to its LogicNet Plus XE supply-chain application.
Aravo and WSP Environment & Energy recently partnered to target corporate sustainability and environmental compliance users with a Aravo software service for companies interested in supply chain carbon discovery.
Supply Chain Consulting launched its new CarbonView suite which integrates together all the various databases used to manage a firmâ€™s extended supply chain and can calculate the carbon and broader environmental footprint from each stage of the supply chain.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses