Freight Management’s Software Aims To Cut Emissions From Shipping
With its new EPA SmartWay certification in hand, Freight Management Inc. has introduced a new offering dubbed “OptiGreen.”
The OptiGreen Program is built around the company’s new software. “Distribution Pollution Solution,” which FMI says can calculate carbon emissions between departure and arrival then recommend alternate shipping strategies, methods or routes to lower those carbon emissions.
The company says that the carbon emissions data comes from research by industry experts and from the standards outlined in the Greenhouse Gas Protocol Initiative.
Other supply chain software products:
ILOG recently released a Carbon Footprint extension to its LogicNet Plus XE supply-chain application.
Aravo and WSP Environment & Energy recently partnered to target corporate sustainability and environmental compliance users with a Aravo software service for companies interested in supply chain carbon discovery.
Supply Chain Consulting launched its new CarbonView suite which integrates together all the various databases used to manage a firm’s extended supply chain and can calculate the carbon and broader environmental footprint from each stage of the supply chain.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market
- UCLA Creates The L.A. Energy Atlas
- Santa Cruz Saves with Six Battery Tower
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency