Freight Management’s Software Aims To Cut Emissions From Shipping
With its new EPA SmartWay certification in hand, Freight Management Inc. has introduced a new offering dubbed “OptiGreen.”
The OptiGreen Program is built around the company’s new software. “Distribution Pollution Solution,” which FMI says can calculate carbon emissions between departure and arrival then recommend alternate shipping strategies, methods or routes to lower those carbon emissions.
The company says that the carbon emissions data comes from research by industry experts and from the standards outlined in the Greenhouse Gas Protocol Initiative.
Other supply chain software products:
ILOG recently released a Carbon Footprint extension to its LogicNet Plus XE supply-chain application.
Aravo and WSP Environment & Energy recently partnered to target corporate sustainability and environmental compliance users with a Aravo software service for companies interested in supply chain carbon discovery.
Supply Chain Consulting launched its new CarbonView suite which integrates together all the various databases used to manage a firm’s extended supply chain and can calculate the carbon and broader environmental footprint from each stage of the supply chain.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment