NEC’s New Display Comes With Carbon Meter
NEC ‘s recently launched MultiSync Enterprise Advanced Series of displays comes with a carbon meter. The first display released is the 26-inch EA261WM desktop LCD monitor.
“While the environmental impact of one display seems minimal, these energy figures help determine power and cooling needs for enterprises operating thousands of displays across a network,” according to an NEC spokesperson. “Displays can account for as much as 40% of the overall power consumption of PC systems, so this is a key area to consider when evaluating the total cost of IT infrastructure.”
NEC says that by using the monitor’s ECO Mode, users can lower power consumption and save energy.
The EA261WM has been certified EPEAT Gold compliant.
The display will be available for August 2008 shipment at an estimated street price of $679.99.
Energy Manager News
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research