NEC’s New Display Comes With Carbon Meter
NEC ‘s recently launched MultiSync Enterprise Advanced Series of displays comes with a carbon meter. The first display released is the 26-inch EA261WM desktop LCD monitor.
“While the environmental impact of one display seems minimal, these energy figures help determine power and cooling needs for enterprises operating thousands of displays across a network,” according to an NEC spokesperson. “Displays can account for as much as 40% of the overall power consumption of PC systems, so this is a key area to consider when evaluating the total cost of IT infrastructure.”
NEC says that by using the monitor’s ECO Mode, users can lower power consumption and save energy.
The EA261WM has been certified EPEAT Gold compliant.
The display will be available for August 2008 shipment at an estimated street price of $679.99.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland