Con-Way Leads SmartWay On Fuel Efficiency
Con-way, a San Mateo-based freight transportation and logistics services company, received the highest fuel efficiency and environmental performance score in 2007 from the U.S. EPA’s SmartWay Transport Partnership, for three of its primary operating companies.
Con-way Freight, Con-way Truckload, and Menlo Worldwide Logistics each received a Shipper Index Factor of 1.25, the highest score awarded under the EPA program.
Con-way Freight, a member of the SmartWay Transport Program since 2006, operates a 84,00-tractor fleet. In 2007, the company saved around 3.6 million gallons of diesel fuel, roughly equal to a reduction of 600,000 tons in carbon dioxide emissions.
Con-way Truckload, a member of the SmartWay Transport Partnership since 2005, operates a fleet of 2,700 heavy duty diesel tractors. In 2007, the company saved approximately 2.6 million gallons of diesel fuel, or about a reduction 300,000 tons in carbon dioxide emissions.
As a SmartWay Transport Partner for less than one year, Menlo Worldwide Logistics operates approximately 85 percent of its total network miles with SmartWay-approved carriers.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment