Con-Way Leads SmartWay On Fuel Efficiency
Con-way, a San Mateo-based freight transportation and logistics services company, received the highest fuel efficiency and environmental performance score in 2007 from the U.S. EPA’s SmartWay Transport Partnership, for three of its primary operating companies.
Con-way Freight, Con-way Truckload, and Menlo Worldwide Logistics each received a Shipper Index Factor of 1.25, the highest score awarded under the EPA program.
Con-way Freight, a member of the SmartWay Transport Program since 2006, operates a 84,00-tractor fleet. In 2007, the company saved around 3.6 million gallons of diesel fuel, roughly equal to a reduction of 600,000 tons in carbon dioxide emissions.
Con-way Truckload, a member of the SmartWay Transport Partnership since 2005, operates a fleet of 2,700 heavy duty diesel tractors. In 2007, the company saved approximately 2.6 million gallons of diesel fuel, or about a reduction 300,000 tons in carbon dioxide emissions.
As a SmartWay Transport Partner for less than one year, Menlo Worldwide Logistics operates approximately 85 percent of its total network miles with SmartWay-approved carriers.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Making a Powerful Impact with Solar Proposals in Canada and Beyond
- Renovate America Lands $90M Investment
- Automated Building Envelope Sealing Technology Previewed
- Telecom Towers in India Switching to Hydrogen Fuel Cells
- Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier Introduced
- ESG Upgrades Schools in Alabama, Illinois
- Shedding a Light on Marijuana Growth
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts