Con-Way Leads SmartWay On Fuel Efficiency
Con-way, a San Mateo-based freight transportation and logistics services company, received the highest fuel efficiency and environmental performance score in 2007 from the U.S. EPA’s SmartWay Transport Partnership, for three of its primary operating companies.
Con-way Freight, Con-way Truckload, and Menlo Worldwide Logistics each received a Shipper Index Factor of 1.25, the highest score awarded under the EPA program.
Con-way Freight, a member of the SmartWay Transport Program since 2006, operates a 84,00-tractor fleet. In 2007, the company saved around 3.6 million gallons of diesel fuel, roughly equal to a reduction of 600,000 tons in carbon dioxide emissions.
Con-way Truckload, a member of the SmartWay Transport Partnership since 2005, operates a fleet of 2,700 heavy duty diesel tractors. In 2007, the company saved approximately 2.6 million gallons of diesel fuel, or about a reduction 300,000 tons in carbon dioxide emissions.
As a SmartWay Transport Partner for less than one year, Menlo Worldwide Logistics operates approximately 85 percent of its total network miles with SmartWay-approved carriers.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland