PWP Turns Waste Into Biodegradable Packaging
Food packaging company PWP Industries recently introduced AgroResin, a sustainable packaging line of products.
The packaging is 100 percent biodegradable and made from renewable agricultural biomass fiber composite. It is also microwavable and has been approved by the FDA for direct food contact.
AgroResin was designed using a life-cycle approach. It can be made from any plant fiber and takes advantage of the renewable fiber residue of agricultural farming.
The introduction of the sustainable packaging is the result of a corporate-wide green initiative called Earth’s Pack.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years