PWP Turns Waste Into Biodegradable Packaging
Food packaging company PWP Industries recently introduced AgroResin, a sustainable packaging line of products.
The packaging is 100 percent biodegradable and made from renewable agricultural biomass fiber composite. It is also microwavable and has been approved by the FDA for direct food contact.
AgroResin was designed using a life-cycle approach. It can be made from any plant fiber and takes advantage of the renewable fiber residue of agricultural farming.
The introduction of the sustainable packaging is the result of a corporate-wide green initiative called Earth’s Pack.
Energy Manager News
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices
- SolarCity Poll: Most Illinois Residents Oppose Utility Demand Charges
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries