Kirkwood Invests In Renewable Energy Sources
The resort plans to install 20 wind turbines capable of generating and delivering 6,000kWh daily, through Synergy Power Corporation. The proposed installation would deliver around 20 percent of all energy demand in the Kirkwood Valley.
Kirkwood has also signed a contract with True Energy to install a Waste Heat Generation and Conservation program, which will modernize electricity generators to capture waste heat from machinery operations at Mountain Utilities.
Furthermore, a renewable energy research campus, the Synergy Sustainability Institute at Kirkwood, will be established. It is partnered with both University of Nevada Reno and Cal Poly San Luis Obispo in ongoing wind power efficiency research.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years