Kirkwood Invests In Renewable Energy Sources
The resort plans to install 20 wind turbines capable of generating and delivering 6,000kWh daily, through Synergy Power Corporation. The proposed installation would deliver around 20 percent of all energy demand in the Kirkwood Valley.
Kirkwood has also signed a contract with True Energy to install a Waste Heat Generation and Conservation program, which will modernize electricity generators to capture waste heat from machinery operations at Mountain Utilities.
Furthermore, a renewable energy research campus, the Synergy Sustainability Institute at Kirkwood, will be established. It is partnered with both University of Nevada Reno and Cal Poly San Luis Obispo in ongoing wind power efficiency research.
Energy Manager News
- Natural Gas Pipeline Congestion is Squeezing Energy Managers
- New Hampshire Raises Net Metering Cap
- NEPGA: Canadian Hydro Contracts Could Cost Consumers $777M Annually
- Building a Better Turbine
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Navigant: Big Growth Ahead for BMSes
- Water, Energy Steps Being Taken at 2 KY Correctional Facilities
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation