Kirkwood Invests In Renewable Energy Sources
The resort plans to install 20 wind turbines capable of generating and delivering 6,000kWh daily, through Synergy Power Corporation. The proposed installation would deliver around 20 percent of all energy demand in the Kirkwood Valley.
Kirkwood has also signed a contract with True Energy to install a Waste Heat Generation and Conservation program, which will modernize electricity generators to capture waste heat from machinery operations at Mountain Utilities.
Furthermore, a renewable energy research campus, the Synergy Sustainability Institute at Kirkwood, will be established. It is partnered with both University of Nevada Reno and Cal Poly San Luis Obispo in ongoing wind power efficiency research.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry