Kirkwood Invests In Renewable Energy Sources
The resort plans to install 20 wind turbines capable of generating and delivering 6,000kWh daily, through Synergy Power Corporation. The proposed installation would deliver around 20 percent of all energy demand in the Kirkwood Valley.
Kirkwood has also signed a contract with True Energy to install a Waste Heat Generation and Conservation program, which will modernize electricity generators to capture waste heat from machinery operations at Mountain Utilities.
Furthermore, a renewable energy research campus, the Synergy Sustainability Institute at Kirkwood, will be established. It is partnered with both University of Nevada Reno and Cal Poly San Luis Obispo in ongoing wind power efficiency research.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland