Kirkwood Invests In Renewable Energy Sources
The resort plans to install 20 wind turbines capable of generating and delivering 6,000kWh daily, through Synergy Power Corporation. The proposed installation would deliver around 20 percent of all energy demand in the Kirkwood Valley.
Kirkwood has also signed a contract with True Energy to install a Waste Heat Generation and Conservation program, which will modernize electricity generators to capture waste heat from machinery operations at Mountain Utilities.
Furthermore, a renewable energy research campus, the Synergy Sustainability Institute at Kirkwood, will be established. It is partnered with both University of Nevada Reno and Cal Poly San Luis Obispo in ongoing wind power efficiency research.
Energy Manager News
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo