Hardee’s Lighting Retrofit Reduces Energy Consumption
Hardee’s, a subsidiary of CKE Restaurants Inc., recently began a lighting retrofit in over 300 of its restaurants.
Working with Regency Lighitng to implement the lighting retrofit, Hardee’s is estimated to shed annual energy consumption by 18 gigawatts and reduce over 1,200 tons of carbon dioxide emissions.
The retrofit, which involved the front and back of house and under awning, saw T12 lighting replaced by T8 high performance ballast products. “Hardee’s went from 140 watts by 2×4 to 65 watts with increased light levels,” says Tracy Beattie, senior director for national accounts at Regency Lighting.
Energy Manager News
- Apple, Google, Facebook Throw Weight Around in NC Energy Policy
- 2015 Green Lease Leaders include Landlords, Tenants, Brokers
- Disney World Builds Mickey Mouse-Shaped 5 MW Solar System
- Ohio Businesses Encouraged to Use Cogged V-Belts
- Renewables Share of US Energy Consumption Highest Since 1930s
- ZBB Unveils EMS for C&I Buildings
- Levi Strauss, Gap, Autodesk Support California Clean Energy Bill
- New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling