Hardee’s Lighting Retrofit Reduces Energy Consumption
Hardee’s, a subsidiary of CKE Restaurants Inc., recently began a lighting retrofit in over 300 of its restaurants.
Working with Regency Lighitng to implement the lighting retrofit, Hardee’s is estimated to shed annual energy consumption by 18 gigawatts and reduce over 1,200 tons of carbon dioxide emissions.
The retrofit, which involved the front and back of house and under awning, saw T12 lighting replaced by T8 high performance ballast products. “Hardee’s went from 140 watts by 2×4 to 65 watts with increased light levels,” says Tracy Beattie, senior director for national accounts at Regency Lighting.
Energy Manager News
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida