Hardee’s Lighting Retrofit Reduces Energy Consumption
Hardee’s, a subsidiary of CKE Restaurants Inc., recently began a lighting retrofit in over 300 of its restaurants.
Working with Regency Lighitng to implement the lighting retrofit, Hardee’s is estimated to shed annual energy consumption by 18 gigawatts and reduce over 1,200 tons of carbon dioxide emissions.
The retrofit, which involved the front and back of house and under awning, saw T12 lighting replaced by T8 high performance ballast products. “Hardee’s went from 140 watts by 2×4 to 65 watts with increased light levels,” says Tracy Beattie, senior director for national accounts at Regency Lighting.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.