Hardee’s Lighting Retrofit Reduces Energy Consumption
Hardee’s, a subsidiary of CKE Restaurants Inc., recently began a lighting retrofit in over 300 of its restaurants.
Working with Regency Lighitng to implement the lighting retrofit, Hardee’s is estimated to shed annual energy consumption by 18 gigawatts and reduce over 1,200 tons of carbon dioxide emissions.
The retrofit, which involved the front and back of house and under awning, saw T12 lighting replaced by T8 high performance ballast products. “Hardee’s went from 140 watts by 2×4 to 65 watts with increased light levels,” says Tracy Beattie, senior director for national accounts at Regency Lighting.
Energy Manager News
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities