Hardee’s Lighting Retrofit Reduces Energy Consumption
Hardee’s, a subsidiary of CKE Restaurants Inc., recently began a lighting retrofit in over 300 of its restaurants.
Working with Regency Lighitng to implement the lighting retrofit, Hardee’s is estimated to shed annual energy consumption by 18 gigawatts and reduce over 1,200 tons of carbon dioxide emissions.
The retrofit, which involved the front and back of house and under awning, saw T12 lighting replaced by T8 high performance ballast products. “Hardee’s went from 140 watts by 2×4 to 65 watts with increased light levels,” says Tracy Beattie, senior director for national accounts at Regency Lighting.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures