InterCall’s Zero Travel Day Reduces Carbon
InterCall recently initiated a Zero Travel Day where employees were encouraged to eliminate unnecessary travel and volunteer at educational events to learn how to be more environmentally friendly at work.
The company reduced 2,000 pounds of carbon in less than 24 hours with the participation of its 2,000 employees.
Almost half of the company’s U.S. based employees took advantage of the work-from-home program. Seventy-four percent hosted some meetings using conferencing, while 63 percent hosted all meetings using conferencing.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland