InterCall’s Zero Travel Day Reduces Carbon
InterCall recently initiated a Zero Travel Day where employees were encouraged to eliminate unnecessary travel and volunteer at educational events to learn how to be more environmentally friendly at work.
The company reduced 2,000 pounds of carbon in less than 24 hours with the participation of its 2,000 employees.
Almost half of the company’s U.S. based employees took advantage of the work-from-home program. Seventy-four percent hosted some meetings using conferencing, while 63 percent hosted all meetings using conferencing.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B