InterCall’s Zero Travel Day Reduces Carbon
InterCall recently initiated a Zero Travel Day where employees were encouraged to eliminate unnecessary travel and volunteer at educational events to learn how to be more environmentally friendly at work.
The company reduced 2,000 pounds of carbon in less than 24 hours with the participation of its 2,000 employees.
Almost half of the company’s U.S. based employees took advantage of the work-from-home program. Seventy-four percent hosted some meetings using conferencing, while 63 percent hosted all meetings using conferencing.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool