InterCall’s Zero Travel Day Reduces Carbon
InterCall recently initiated a Zero Travel Day where employees were encouraged to eliminate unnecessary travel and volunteer at educational events to learn how to be more environmentally friendly at work.
The company reduced 2,000 pounds of carbon in less than 24 hours with the participation of its 2,000 employees.
Almost half of the company’s U.S. based employees took advantage of the work-from-home program. Seventy-four percent hosted some meetings using conferencing, while 63 percent hosted all meetings using conferencing.
Energy Manager News
- New York Solar Installations Soar 300%
- Tiny, Solar-Powered Circuit Is 80% Efficient
- California Grid to Maintain Reliability Despite Drought
- Largest Solar Project Installed on Closed Landfill Under Consideration
- TerraForm Buys 930 MW Wind Portfolio for $2B
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M