Fabrik Touts New Drive As ‘Most Eco-Friendly’
The drive has a sustainable bamboo and recyclable aluminum enclosure and ships with an Energy Star power adapter.
It uses an energy-saving drive from Western Digital, although future versions may contain drives from other manufacturers, PC Magazine reports. There is no on-off switch – the drive turns itself on and off, depending on usage.
Packaging uses a small amount of corrugated cardboard and most of the interior packaging and thick manuals have been eliminated.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy â€“ In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array