Fabrik Touts New Drive As ‘Most Eco-Friendly’
The drive has a sustainable bamboo and recyclable aluminum enclosure and ships with an Energy Star power adapter.
It uses an energy-saving drive from Western Digital, although future versions may contain drives from other manufacturers, PC Magazine reports. There is no on-off switch – the drive turns itself on and off, depending on usage.
Packaging uses a small amount of corrugated cardboard and most of the interior packaging and thick manuals have been eliminated.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers â€˜Second Opinionâ€™ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland