15 More R.R. Donnelley Facilities Receive SFI Certification
R.R. Donnelley & Sons announced that 15 more of its printing facilities across the U.S. have achieved Sustainable Forestry Initiative chain of custody certifications and have also earned the recognition of Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification.
The newly certified facilities include book, retail inserts, shorter run commercial printing, magazine, financial printing, catalog, directory, and digital printing operations, all of which underwent independent audits.
The SFI Standard includes fiber sourcing requirements promoting responsible forest management on all supplier’s lands and tells consumers just how much certified fiber is in a specific product.
40 market-selected corrugated box manufacturing operations in Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business earned Sustainable Forestry Initiative certification.
Packaging Corporation of America received Sustainable Forestry Initiative certification for its primary mills and its network of corrugated combining plants.
Six of Stora Enso’s North American mills achieved third-party chain-of-custody certifications for the Sustainable Forestry Initiative and the Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification programs.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- General Mills: We’ll Invest $100M to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Oregon Correctional Institution Saves with LEDs
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations