15 More R.R. Donnelley Facilities Receive SFI Certification
R.R. Donnelley & Sons announced that 15 more of its printing facilities across the U.S. have achieved Sustainable Forestry Initiative chain of custody certifications and have also earned the recognition of Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification.
The newly certified facilities include book, retail inserts, shorter run commercial printing, magazine, financial printing, catalog, directory, and digital printing operations, all of which underwent independent audits.
The SFI Standard includes fiber sourcing requirements promoting responsible forest management on all supplier’s lands and tells consumers just how much certified fiber is in a specific product.
40 market-selected corrugated box manufacturing operations in Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business earned Sustainable Forestry Initiative certification.
Packaging Corporation of America received Sustainable Forestry Initiative certification for its primary mills and its network of corrugated combining plants.
Six of Stora Enso’s North American mills achieved third-party chain-of-custody certifications for the Sustainable Forestry Initiative and the Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification programs.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland