Lotus To Raise Wind Turbines At Factory
Ecotricity recently received approval to build three wind turbines at Lotus’s car factory in Hethel, England.
The turbines will be built inside the test track at Lotus’s factory, with construction expected to start next spring.
Once operational, all of Lotus’ electricity needs for its operations will be produced onsite and be pollution-free, and there should be enough “spare” electricity to power about 1,000 local homes.
The South Norfolk District council turned down the same application earlier in this year, even though it’d said the site was suitable for up to six wind turbines. An appeal seemed certain, but the application was finally approved– by just one vote.The turbines are expected to be up-and-running by end of 2009.
Two existing Ecotricity wind turbines at Ford Dagenham have avoided over 6,500 tones of GHG emissions annually since 2004 and a third was recently added.
Energy Manager News
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant
- FAA Pays to Upgrade Airport Hangar Heating
- Maryland Electric Coops Mount FERC Challenge to Community Solar Garden Retail Prices
- SEIA Releases Updated Version of ‘Guide to Federal Tax Incentives’
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps