Lotus To Raise Wind Turbines At Factory
Ecotricity recently received approval to build three wind turbines at Lotus’s car factory in Hethel, England.
The turbines will be built inside the test track at Lotus’s factory, with construction expected to start next spring.
Once operational, all of Lotus’ electricity needs for its operations will be produced onsite and be pollution-free, and there should be enough “spare” electricity to power about 1,000 local homes.
The South Norfolk District council turned down the same application earlier in this year, even though it’d said the site was suitable for up to six wind turbines. An appeal seemed certain, but the application was finally approved– by just one vote.The turbines are expected to be up-and-running by end of 2009.
Two existing Ecotricity wind turbines at Ford Dagenham have avoided over 6,500 tones of GHG emissions annually since 2004 and a third was recently added.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend