Lotus To Raise Wind Turbines At Factory
Ecotricity recently received approval to build three wind turbines at Lotus’s car factory in Hethel, England.
The turbines will be built inside the test track at Lotus’s factory, with construction expected to start next spring.
Once operational, all of Lotus’ electricity needs for its operations will be produced onsite and be pollution-free, and there should be enough “spare” electricity to power about 1,000 local homes.
The South Norfolk District council turned down the same application earlier in this year, even though it’d said the site was suitable for up to six wind turbines. An appeal seemed certain, but the application was finally approved– by just one vote.The turbines are expected to be up-and-running by end of 2009.
Two existing Ecotricity wind turbines at Ford Dagenham have avoided over 6,500 tones of GHG emissions annually since 2004 and a third was recently added.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform