Lotus To Raise Wind Turbines At Factory
Ecotricity recently received approval to build three wind turbines at Lotus’s car factory in Hethel, England.
The turbines will be built inside the test track at Lotus’s factory, with construction expected to start next spring.
Once operational, all of Lotus’ electricity needs for its operations will be produced onsite and be pollution-free, and there should be enough “spare” electricity to power about 1,000 local homes.
The South Norfolk District council turned down the same application earlier in this year, even though it’d said the site was suitable for up to six wind turbines. An appeal seemed certain, but the application was finally approved– by just one vote.The turbines are expected to be up-and-running by end of 2009.
Two existing Ecotricity wind turbines at Ford Dagenham have avoided over 6,500 tones of GHG emissions annually since 2004 and a third was recently added.
Energy Manager News
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA