Lotus To Raise Wind Turbines At Factory
Ecotricity recently received approval to build three wind turbines at Lotus’s car factory in Hethel, England.
The turbines will be built inside the test track at Lotus’s factory, with construction expected to start next spring.
Once operational, all of Lotus’ electricity needs for its operations will be produced onsite and be pollution-free, and there should be enough “spare” electricity to power about 1,000 local homes.
The South Norfolk District council turned down the same application earlier in this year, even though it’d said the site was suitable for up to six wind turbines. An appeal seemed certain, but the application was finally approved– by just one vote.The turbines are expected to be up-and-running by end of 2009.
Two existing Ecotricity wind turbines at Ford Dagenham have avoided over 6,500 tones of GHG emissions annually since 2004 and a third was recently added.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls