Pepsi Picks Redemtech to Handle E-waste
The Pepsi Bottling Group has chosen Redemtech to handle its electronic waste initiatives, which includes developing and managing the company’s asset recovery and disposition program aimed at keeping its electronic equipment from entering the waste stream.
Earlier this year, Pepsi hosted an Employee E-Waste Recycling Day, which allowed employees at PBG’s headquarters to safely retire their used electronics. Nearly 4,000 pounds of equipment, ranging from old laptops to cell phones were collected. Of the 214 units collected, 147 were determined to have resale value.
Redemtech along with Dell, Hewlett Packard, IBM and Intechra recently became the first recipients of IDC’s Green Recycling and Asset Disposal for the Enterprise certification.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market