Pepsi Picks Redemtech to Handle E-waste
The Pepsi Bottling Group has chosen Redemtech to handle its electronic waste initiatives, which includes developing and managing the company’s asset recovery and disposition program aimed at keeping its electronic equipment from entering the waste stream.
Earlier this year, Pepsi hosted an Employee E-Waste Recycling Day, which allowed employees at PBG’s headquarters to safely retire their used electronics. Nearly 4,000 pounds of equipment, ranging from old laptops to cell phones were collected. Of the 214 units collected, 147 were determined to have resale value.
Redemtech along with Dell, Hewlett Packard, IBM and Intechra recently became the first recipients of IDC’s Green Recycling and Asset Disposal for the Enterprise certification.
Energy Manager News
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- SunPower and the Army Work on Solar Project in Alabama
- Climate and Energy Policies Working
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?