Pepsi Picks Redemtech to Handle E-waste
The Pepsi Bottling Group has chosen Redemtech to handle its electronic waste initiatives, which includes developing and managing the company’s asset recovery and disposition program aimed at keeping its electronic equipment from entering the waste stream.
Earlier this year, Pepsi hosted an Employee E-Waste Recycling Day, which allowed employees at PBG’s headquarters to safely retire their used electronics. Nearly 4,000 pounds of equipment, ranging from old laptops to cell phones were collected. Of the 214 units collected, 147 were determined to have resale value.
Redemtech along with Dell, Hewlett Packard, IBM and Intechra recently became the first recipients of IDC’s Green Recycling and Asset Disposal for the Enterprise certification.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland