Pepsi Picks Redemtech to Handle E-waste
The Pepsi Bottling Group has chosen Redemtech to handle its electronic waste initiatives, which includes developing and managing the company’s asset recovery and disposition program aimed at keeping its electronic equipment from entering the waste stream.
Earlier this year, Pepsi hosted an Employee E-Waste Recycling Day, which allowed employees at PBG’s headquarters to safely retire their used electronics. Nearly 4,000 pounds of equipment, ranging from old laptops to cell phones were collected. Of the 214 units collected, 147 were determined to have resale value.
Redemtech along with Dell, Hewlett Packard, IBM and Intechra recently became the first recipients of IDC’s Green Recycling and Asset Disposal for the Enterprise certification.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs