Pepsi Picks Redemtech to Handle E-waste
The Pepsi Bottling Group has chosen Redemtech to handle its electronic waste initiatives, which includes developing and managing the company’s asset recovery and disposition program aimed at keeping its electronic equipment from entering the waste stream.
Earlier this year, Pepsi hosted an Employee E-Waste Recycling Day, which allowed employees at PBG’s headquarters to safely retire their used electronics. Nearly 4,000 pounds of equipment, ranging from old laptops to cell phones were collected. Of the 214 units collected, 147 were determined to have resale value.
Redemtech along with Dell, Hewlett Packard, IBM and Intechra recently became the first recipients of IDC’s Green Recycling and Asset Disposal for the Enterprise certification.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves