Ski Industry Releases Environmental Report
The National Ski Areas Association has released its 8th Sustainable Slopes Annual Report. Over 75 percent of resorts, or 187 resorts have endorsed the NSAA’s Environmental Charter. Its main focus during 2007/08 was to continue promoting the industry’s Green Power program, which supports renewable energy purchases and development by resorts and its guests.
To date, 68 resorts are purchasing green energy for their operations through renewable energy credits. Of these resorts, 34 are offsetting 100 percent of their GHG emissions. Collectively, these resorts are purchasing more than 350 million kilowatts of green power annually, avoiding almost 500 million pounds of GHG emissions.
For the upcoming year, NSAA is proposing a grant program that will work with industry partners to stimulate environmental projects in the future. NSSA will contribute $10,000 to the program annually and seeks matching funds of $5,000 or more from industry partners.
Energy Manager News
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016