Ski Industry Releases Environmental Report
The National Ski Areas Association has released its 8th Sustainable Slopes Annual Report. Over 75 percent of resorts, or 187 resorts have endorsed the NSAA’s Environmental Charter. Its main focus during 2007/08 was to continue promoting the industry’s Green Power program, which supports renewable energy purchases and development by resorts and its guests.
To date, 68 resorts are purchasing green energy for their operations through renewable energy credits. Of these resorts, 34 are offsetting 100 percent of their GHG emissions. Collectively, these resorts are purchasing more than 350 million kilowatts of green power annually, avoiding almost 500 million pounds of GHG emissions.
For the upcoming year, NSAA is proposing a grant program that will work with industry partners to stimulate environmental projects in the future. NSSA will contribute $10,000 to the program annually and seeks matching funds of $5,000 or more from industry partners.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market