Ski Industry Releases Environmental Report
The National Ski Areas Association has released its 8th Sustainable Slopes Annual Report. Over 75 percent of resorts, or 187 resorts have endorsed the NSAA’s Environmental Charter. Its main focus during 2007/08 was to continue promoting the industry’s Green Power program, which supports renewable energy purchases and development by resorts and its guests.
To date, 68 resorts are purchasing green energy for their operations through renewable energy credits. Of these resorts, 34 are offsetting 100 percent of their GHG emissions. Collectively, these resorts are purchasing more than 350 million kilowatts of green power annually, avoiding almost 500 million pounds of GHG emissions.
For the upcoming year, NSAA is proposing a grant program that will work with industry partners to stimulate environmental projects in the future. NSSA will contribute $10,000 to the program annually and seeks matching funds of $5,000 or more from industry partners.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry