Method Provides Incentives for Supply Chain to Reduce Emissions
Method Products has teamed up with NativeEnergy to create a carbon offset model that gives financial incentives for Method’s third-party manufactures to reduce carbon emissions in their facilities.
NativeEnergy calculates and offsets the carbon emissions from Method’s energy use activities, including domestic and international manufacturing facilities, staff commuting, and corporate travel for both 2008 and 2009.
Method’s offsets purchase will directly help build and support three of NativeEnergy’s new family dairy farm methane energy projects, according to the companies. These additional anaerobic digester projects are: Brubaker Family Farm, Penn England Family Farm, and Hillcrest-Saylor Family Farm, all located in Pennsylvania.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment