NewPage Cuts Energy Use with Lighting Retrofit
In late 2006, NewPage Corp. installed a high-efficiency, high intensity fluorescent system to replace the older system in its Wisconsin Rapids Converting Facility; a decision made after teaming up with Orion Energy Systems to find cost-effective ways to reduce energy waste and lessen the impact on the environment.
The change has reduced the facility’s energy usage by about 2.3 million kilowatt-hours per year. The company says over the lighting fixtures’ lifetime, the environmental impact is comparable to planting 414 acres of trees or saving about 3.7 million gallons of fuel.
Hardee’s, a subsidiary of CKE Restaurants Inc., recently began a lighting retrofit in over 300 of its restaurants.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array