NewPage Cuts Energy Use with Lighting Retrofit
In late 2006, NewPage Corp. installed a high-efficiency, high intensity fluorescent system to replace the older system in its Wisconsin Rapids Converting Facility; a decision made after teaming up with Orion Energy Systems to find cost-effective ways to reduce energy waste and lessen the impact on the environment.
The change has reduced the facility’s energy usage by about 2.3 million kilowatt-hours per year. The company says over the lighting fixtures’ lifetime, the environmental impact is comparable to planting 414 acres of trees or saving about 3.7 million gallons of fuel.
Hardee’s, a subsidiary of CKE Restaurants Inc., recently began a lighting retrofit in over 300 of its restaurants.
Energy Manager News
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense