NewPage Cuts Energy Use with Lighting Retrofit
In late 2006, NewPage Corp. installed a high-efficiency, high intensity fluorescent system to replace the older system in its Wisconsin Rapids Converting Facility; a decision made after teaming up with Orion Energy Systems to find cost-effective ways to reduce energy waste and lessen the impact on the environment.
The change has reduced the facility’s energy usage by about 2.3 million kilowatt-hours per year. The company says over the lighting fixtures’ lifetime, the environmental impact is comparable to planting 414 acres of trees or saving about 3.7 million gallons of fuel.
Hardee’s, a subsidiary of CKE Restaurants Inc., recently began a lighting retrofit in over 300 of its restaurants.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024