NewPage Cuts Energy Use with Lighting Retrofit
In late 2006, NewPage Corp. installed a high-efficiency, high intensity fluorescent system to replace the older system in its Wisconsin Rapids Converting Facility; a decision made after teaming up with Orion Energy Systems to find cost-effective ways to reduce energy waste and lessen the impact on the environment.
The change has reduced the facility’s energy usage by about 2.3 million kilowatt-hours per year. The company says over the lighting fixtures’ lifetime, the environmental impact is comparable to planting 414 acres of trees or saving about 3.7 million gallons of fuel.
Hardee’s, a subsidiary of CKE Restaurants Inc., recently began a lighting retrofit in over 300 of its restaurants.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.