NewPage Cuts Energy Use with Lighting Retrofit
In late 2006, NewPage Corp. installed a high-efficiency, high intensity fluorescent system to replace the older system in its Wisconsin Rapids Converting Facility; a decision made after teaming up with Orion Energy Systems to find cost-effective ways to reduce energy waste and lessen the impact on the environment.
The change has reduced the facility’s energy usage by about 2.3 million kilowatt-hours per year. The company says over the lighting fixtures’ lifetime, the environmental impact is comparable to planting 414 acres of trees or saving about 3.7 million gallons of fuel.
Hardee’s, a subsidiary of CKE Restaurants Inc., recently began a lighting retrofit in over 300 of its restaurants.
Energy Manager News
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund