North Face Plans Solar Energy System
The North Face is planning a 1MW solar electricity system at its West Coast distribution center located in Visalia, California.
EI Solutions will design, build and install the system by the end of this year. It will be financed, owned and operated by Recurrent Energy. One hundred percent of the electricity will be sold to The North Face.The solar system will be built over a storm water retention area located on the property. The design will use of RayTracker GC single-axis solar trackers, on which 5,445 Suntech photovoltaic panels will be mounted.
Over 1,300 metric tons of carbon emissions are expected to be reduced annually once the system is operational.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store