North Face Plans Solar Energy System
The North Face is planning a 1MW solar electricity system at its West Coast distribution center located in Visalia, California.
EI Solutions will design, build and install the system by the end of this year. It will be financed, owned and operated by Recurrent Energy. One hundred percent of the electricity will be sold to The North Face.The solar system will be built over a storm water retention area located on the property. The design will use of RayTracker GC single-axis solar trackers, on which 5,445 Suntech photovoltaic panels will be mounted.
Over 1,300 metric tons of carbon emissions are expected to be reduced annually once the system is operational.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency Efforts Face Obstacles in New Buildings and Retrofits
- Turlock Irrigation District Offers Incentives
- Invenergy Signs Deals with Equinix and Owens Corning
- Overcoming Skepticism about Energy Upgrades
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking