North Face Plans Solar Energy System
The North Face is planning a 1MW solar electricity system at its West Coast distribution center located in Visalia, California.
EI Solutions will design, build and install the system by the end of this year. It will be financed, owned and operated by Recurrent Energy. One hundred percent of the electricity will be sold to The North Face.The solar system will be built over a storm water retention area located on the property. The design will use of RayTracker GC single-axis solar trackers, on which 5,445 Suntech photovoltaic panels will be mounted.
Over 1,300 metric tons of carbon emissions are expected to be reduced annually once the system is operational.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works