North Face Plans Solar Energy System
The North Face is planning a 1MW solar electricity system at its West Coast distribution center located in Visalia, California.
EI Solutions will design, build and install the system by the end of this year. It will be financed, owned and operated by Recurrent Energy. One hundred percent of the electricity will be sold to The North Face.The solar system will be built over a storm water retention area located on the property. The design will use of RayTracker GC single-axis solar trackers, on which 5,445 Suntech photovoltaic panels will be mounted.
Over 1,300 metric tons of carbon emissions are expected to be reduced annually once the system is operational.
Energy Manager News
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations
- Minnesota PUC Approves New Rate Structure, Size Cap for Solar Gardens
- Maine PUC Endorses Natural Gas Pipeline Expansion at Expense of Ratepayers
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look