North Face Plans Solar Energy System
The North Face is planning a 1MW solar electricity system at its West Coast distribution center located in Visalia, California.
EI Solutions will design, build and install the system by the end of this year. It will be financed, owned and operated by Recurrent Energy. One hundred percent of the electricity will be sold to The North Face.The solar system will be built over a storm water retention area located on the property. The design will use of RayTracker GC single-axis solar trackers, on which 5,445 Suntech photovoltaic panels will be mounted.
Over 1,300 metric tons of carbon emissions are expected to be reduced annually once the system is operational.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs