Plant Powered by Chicken Manure
At Beijing Deqingyuan Chicken Farm Waste Utilization plant, three million chickens are doing their part to help their farm be sustainable– they are powering and heating the farm via the 220 tons of manure and 170 tons of wastewater they produce per day.
An anaerobic digester system treating waste from chickens to produce biogas will fuel GE Energy Jenbacher gas engines, and is expected to provide 14,600 megawatt hours of electricity a year and help reduce electricity shortages in the region. GE estimates that $1.2 million in electricity costs will be reduced per year.
Energy Manager News
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course