Plant Powered by Chicken Manure
At Beijing Deqingyuan Chicken Farm Waste Utilization plant, three million chickens are doing their part to help their farm be sustainable– they are powering and heating the farm via the 220 tons of manure and 170 tons of wastewater they produce per day.
An anaerobic digester system treating waste from chickens to produce biogas will fuel GE Energy Jenbacher gas engines, and is expected to provide 14,600 megawatt hours of electricity a year and help reduce electricity shortages in the region. GE estimates that $1.2 million in electricity costs will be reduced per year.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool