Plant Powered by Chicken Manure
At Beijing Deqingyuan Chicken Farm Waste Utilization plant, three million chickens are doing their part to help their farm be sustainable– they are powering and heating the farm via the 220 tons of manure and 170 tons of wastewater they produce per day.
An anaerobic digester system treating waste from chickens to produce biogas will fuel GE Energy Jenbacher gas engines, and is expected to provide 14,600 megawatt hours of electricity a year and help reduce electricity shortages in the region. GE estimates that $1.2 million in electricity costs will be reduced per year.
Energy Manager News
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA