Plant Powered by Chicken Manure
At Beijing Deqingyuan Chicken Farm Waste Utilization plant, three million chickens are doing their part to help their farm be sustainable– they are powering and heating the farm via the 220 tons of manure and 170 tons of wastewater they produce per day.
An anaerobic digester system treating waste from chickens to produce biogas will fuel GE Energy Jenbacher gas engines, and is expected to provide 14,600 megawatt hours of electricity a year and help reduce electricity shortages in the region. GE estimates that $1.2 million in electricity costs will be reduced per year.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike