Plant Powered by Chicken Manure
At Beijing Deqingyuan Chicken Farm Waste Utilization plant, three million chickens are doing their part to help their farm be sustainable– they are powering and heating the farm via the 220 tons of manure and 170 tons of wastewater they produce per day.
An anaerobic digester system treating waste from chickens to produce biogas will fuel GE Energy Jenbacher gas engines, and is expected to provide 14,600 megawatt hours of electricity a year and help reduce electricity shortages in the region. GE estimates that $1.2 million in electricity costs will be reduced per year.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024