Applied Materials Gets 5-Year Contract From Green Energy Technology
Applied Materials announced this week that it has signed a five-year service contract with Green Energy Technology to support the company’s Applied SunFab Thin Film Line for solar module manufacturing.
Applied Materials will help reduce operating costs while enabling an increase to volume production through Applied’s SunFab Performance Service program, according to the company, which already exceeds $100 million in contracts for both single and tandem junction thin film PV applications.
In addition to preventive and corrective maintenance, spare parts management and analytical services, Applied Materials and GET will work together to develop continuous improvement programs and total factory optimization to enable low operating costs and on going productivity gains.
Applied Materials reported that its net sales for its energy and environment solutions group more than tripled to $122 million in the first quarter.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Sendik’s Food Stores Installing Waste to Energy Equipment
- AMD Claims Great Strides in Processor Efficiency
- Sydney Approaches Building Boom in an Energy Efficient Manner
- Saving Power in Data Centers
- Grid Battery Sector on the Rise
- Energy Efficiency Focus Will Help Time Warner Meet 30% Carbon Reduction Target
- The Department of Energy Defines Zero Energy Buildings
- UK Businesses Lag as ESOS Deadline Approaches