Applied Materials Gets 5-Year Contract From Green Energy Technology
Applied Materials announced this week that it has signed a five-year service contract with Green Energy Technology to support the company’s Applied SunFab Thin Film Line for solar module manufacturing.
Applied Materials will help reduce operating costs while enabling an increase to volume production through Applied’s SunFab Performance Service program, according to the company, which already exceeds $100 million in contracts for both single and tandem junction thin film PV applications.
In addition to preventive and corrective maintenance, spare parts management and analytical services, Applied Materials and GET will work together to develop continuous improvement programs and total factory optimization to enable low operating costs and on going productivity gains.
Applied Materials reported that its net sales for its energy and environment solutions group more than tripled to $122 million in the first quarter.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs