“Green” Customers Save Money at HSBC Bank Canada
As part of HSBC Bank Canada’s month-long green campaign, it will offer Fee Free Checking to encourages customers to minimize paper use by banking electronically. Bank customers can save an average of $143 per year by opting to use direct payroll services, online bill payments and monthly ‘eStatements.’
In addition, HSBC also launched HSBC Global Climate Change Fund for investors focused on companies helping to find solutions to environmental issues. A special auto loan interest rate is also being offered for buyers of selected low-emission vehicles.
As an additional incentive for customers to purchase ‘green’ products, HSBC Bank Canada said it will make a donation for each new account to two not-for-profit organizations which are working to raise awareness of environmental issues– Evergreen and Clean Air Champions.
In a June report by Javelin Strategy & Research, the study found customers are more loyal to green banks by a 6-to-1 margin.
HSBC launched a similar green online bill paying campaign in the U.S. last year.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls