“Green” Customers Save Money at HSBC Bank Canada
As part of HSBC Bank Canada’s month-long green campaign, it will offer Fee Free Checking to encourages customers to minimize paper use by banking electronically. Bank customers can save an average of $143 per year by opting to use direct payroll services, online bill payments and monthly ‘eStatements.’
In addition, HSBC also launched HSBC Global Climate Change Fund for investors focused on companies helping to find solutions to environmental issues. A special auto loan interest rate is also being offered for buyers of selected low-emission vehicles.
As an additional incentive for customers to purchase ‘green’ products, HSBC Bank Canada said it will make a donation for each new account to two not-for-profit organizations which are working to raise awareness of environmental issues– Evergreen and Clean Air Champions.
In a June report by Javelin Strategy & Research, the study found customers are more loyal to green banks by a 6-to-1 margin.
HSBC launched a similar green online bill paying campaign in the U.S. last year.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight