Fairchild Semiconductor Expands ‘Green’ Effort with Global Team
Fairchild Semiconductor has formed a global Energy and Environmental Design Team to identify energy-conservation projects at its major manufacturing sites worldwide and share best practices throughout the company.
The global team will be made up of local teams from facilities, manufacturing, environment, and finance departments under the management of the director of Corporate Environmental Health & Safety.
Energy conservation initiatives — such as developing solutions to climate change and designing improvements in facilities to lower operational costs and environmental impact — will be the new global team’s goal.
Last year, Fairchild Semiconductor joined EPA’s Climate Leaders program and pledged to reduce U.S. GHG emissions by 30 percent per manufacturing index (production measure) from 2003 to 2010.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Leased Spaces
- NorthStar ACE Protects Telecom Backups
- Georgia Marine Base Will Be Net Zero
- 77 Maryland Families Evicted After Condo Association Defaults on Utility Bills
- C&I Ratepayers Are Driving Green Tariff Development in Regulated Markets
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit