Fairchild Semiconductor Expands ‘Green’ Effort with Global Team
Fairchild Semiconductor has formed a global Energy and Environmental Design Team to identify energy-conservation projects at its major manufacturing sites worldwide and share best practices throughout the company.
The global team will be made up of local teams from facilities, manufacturing, environment, and finance departments under the management of the director of Corporate Environmental Health & Safety.
Energy conservation initiatives — such as developing solutions to climate change and designing improvements in facilities to lower operational costs and environmental impact — will be the new global team’s goal.
Last year, Fairchild Semiconductor joined EPA’s Climate Leaders program and pledged to reduce U.S. GHG emissions by 30 percent per manufacturing index (production measure) from 2003 to 2010.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters