Fairchild Semiconductor Expands ‘Green’ Effort with Global Team
Fairchild Semiconductor has formed a global Energy and Environmental Design Team to identify energy-conservation projects at its major manufacturing sites worldwide and share best practices throughout the company.
The global team will be made up of local teams from facilities, manufacturing, environment, and finance departments under the management of the director of Corporate Environmental Health & Safety.
Energy conservation initiatives — such as developing solutions to climate change and designing improvements in facilities to lower operational costs and environmental impact — will be the new global team’s goal.
Last year, Fairchild Semiconductor joined EPA’s Climate Leaders program and pledged to reduce U.S. GHG emissions by 30 percent per manufacturing index (production measure) from 2003 to 2010.
Energy Manager News
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo