Green Retailers Six Key Focus Areas
The top actions on the green retail agenda align with the strategic decision to take a holistic approach to all aspects of brand management and total cost of operations, according to “Getting From Green to Gold: Retail Success Factors and Outcomes,” a new Aberdeen Group report authored by Jhana Senxian.
For 59% of retail respondents, implementing a responsible and green-oriented sourcing and procurement plan is a crucial element of success. The focus on the very beginning of the retail supply chain complements the strategy of adopting eco-friendly standards for waste management (54%) and product end-of-life, recycle and reuse programs (41%). This end-to-end approach underscores an intensive vision of the retail value chain and indicates that retailers are becoming more involved in the entire life-cycle of their products and operational activities, according to the report.
The six top actions of green retail initiatives demonstrate that practically no aspect of the retail enterprise will go untouched by the sustainability agenda.
Results of the study demonstrate that the Best-in-Class achieve not only dramatic cost savings (20% decrease in energy costs) especially when compared to industry laggards (39% increase in energy costs), but also dramatically improved customer loyalty.
Research methodology: Between May and June 2008, Aberdeen examined the implementation, management, and outcomes of 100 retail enterprises with green/sustainability initiatives.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry