RILA to Launch EPA Sustainability Web Portal
The Retail Industry Leaders Association announced that a Web portal on environmental sustainability and compliance issues will be launched later in the year.
Along with other retail industry representatives, RILA has been working with the EPA to create a Web portal which will centralize Information regarding environmental compliance, sustainability and pollution prevention practices applicable to the retail sector. The site will also provide access to all retail-related environmental compliance information within the EPA’s Web site.
“This portal will serve as a clearing-house for information to further advance the industry’s efforts to apply sustainable practices,” said RILA’s Senior Vice President for Retail Operations, Casey Chroust, in a statement.
An Aberdeen Group report on green initiates in the retail sector, released in July, revealed that retailers worldwide are leveraging sustainability initiatives to drive down costs and boost customer loyalty.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend