Sam’s Club Markets Solar Panels, Energy Efficient Products
Sam’s Club will market solar panels at nine Southern California Clubs– Corona, Murrieta, Glendora, Ontario, La Habra, Chino, Long Beach, Fountain Valley and Torrance– where Home Efficiency Centers have been created to show case eco-friendly products and appliances.
The company is teaming up with Borrego Solar Systems and BP Solar to provide in-store informational kiosks to promote the long-term benefits of solar energy. Through the partnership, consumers can save an average of $500 or more on their solar energy system, according to Sam’s Club.
Sam’s Club is also working with several utilities to offer more efficient product options for the home and business, such as a full line of EnergyStar appliances, low flow toilets and an assortment of lighting options ranging from compact fluorescent light bulbs to LED lights.
Ikea recently announced plans to invest about $77 million into clean-technology startups over the next five years, with the goal of eventually selling solar panels, smart meters and other technology in its stores.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market