IBM Launches ‘Green Sigma’ Consulting Service
Lean Six Sigma is a business strategy which analyze business operations to improve overall efficiency, lower costs, increase quality, and add, change, or eliminate activities and processes to improve overall performance.
IBM says Green Sigma will manage and reduce carbon output and water inefficiencies; reduce energy and water usage, and associated costs; use advanced analytical techniques to establish ongoing carbon footprint and water management practices; and increase profit through activities such as carbon trading.
The new service consist of a five-phase approach to a client’s operations and environmental practices.
1. Establish key performance indicators defined and tailored to the client’s operational environment, industry and business
2. Identify areas where activities and practices should be measured
3. Use a Carbon and Water Management Dashboard system to monitor key performance indicators and analyze performance data
4. Apply Green Sigma statistical tools and techniques to analyze and improve processes to reduce energy usage, carbon emissions and water inefficiencies
5. Create ongoing optimization of processes and key performance indicators through the Carbon and Water Management Dashboard, and identifying new areas where improvements can be made
An IBM global CSR survey of more than 250 c-suite executives found that 68 percent of them are already focusing on CSR activities to create new revenue streams and 54 percent believe CSR gives them a competitive advantage. In addition, IBM’s biennial global survey of more than 1,000 CEOs shows that the majority of them plan to increase their investments in CSR by 25 percent over the next three years.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV