Marriott To List Green Actions Of Individual Hotels
Marriott recently told Economically Sound it will be publishing the hotel chain’s environmental policies on their Web site in Fall 2008, with each hotel listing their specific green actions.
This fall, the hotel will add a page to their corporate Web site outlining their environmental policies. Individual hotels will beÂ encouraged to discuss their specific environmental policies on their Marriott internet pages, not just their individual home pages as is presently done.
In July, the hotel also introduced a series of eco-friendly meeting products to help reduce the environmental impact of the company and its guests. The hotel is also contributing funds to protect the endangered Amazonas rainforest on behalf of its customers who book meetings between July 1, 2008 and December 31, 2009.
The company’s New York Marriott Downtown recently became the first hotel in New York City to be powered by a tri-generation plant.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses