Marriott To List Green Actions Of Individual Hotels
Marriott recently told Economically Sound it will be publishing the hotel chain’s environmental policies on their Web site in Fall 2008, with each hotel listing their specific green actions.
This fall, the hotel will add a page to their corporate Web site outlining their environmental policies. Individual hotels will be encouraged to discuss their specific environmental policies on their Marriott internet pages, not just their individual home pages as is presently done.
In July, the hotel also introduced a series of eco-friendly meeting products to help reduce the environmental impact of the company and its guests. The hotel is also contributing funds to protect the endangered Amazonas rainforest on behalf of its customers who book meetings between July 1, 2008 and December 31, 2009.
The company’s New York Marriott Downtown recently became the first hotel in New York City to be powered by a tri-generation plant.
Energy Manager News
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage