Marriott To List Green Actions Of Individual Hotels
Marriott recently told Economically Sound it will be publishing the hotel chain’s environmental policies on their Web site in Fall 2008, with each hotel listing their specific green actions.
This fall, the hotel will add a page to their corporate Web site outlining their environmental policies. Individual hotels will be encouraged to discuss their specific environmental policies on their Marriott internet pages, not just their individual home pages as is presently done.
In July, the hotel also introduced a series of eco-friendly meeting products to help reduce the environmental impact of the company and its guests. The hotel is also contributing funds to protect the endangered Amazonas rainforest on behalf of its customers who book meetings between July 1, 2008 and December 31, 2009.
The company’s New York Marriott Downtown recently became the first hotel in New York City to be powered by a tri-generation plant.
Energy Manager News
- 77 Maryland Families Evicted After Condo Association Defaults on Utility Bills
- C&I Ratepayers Are Driving Green Tariff Development in Regulated Markets
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind