Bombardier Wins Hybrid Locomotive Contracts Worth $485 Million
Bombardier has won orders worth $485 million to supply hybrid locomotives for the transport bodies in New Jersey and Montreal, Thomson Financial News reports, (via Forbes).
The new dual-powered locomotives will be capable of operating under both diesel power and alternating current electric power from overhead sources – a first in North America.
New Jersey Transit Corp. awarded the company a $262 million-order, which includes orders for 26 locomotive for passenger trains with options for 63 more.
The Agence Metropolitaine de Transport de Montreal awarded the company a $233 million-order, which includes orders for 20 locomotives with options for 10 more.
In July, Bombardier’s aerospace division in Northern Ireland announced it has slashed CO2 emissions by 69 percent since 2001.
Energy Manager News
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation
- FirstEnergy Ohio Seeks Changes to Rate Plan to Ensure Price Stability for Customers
- Utility Data Aggregation: How to Take the Best Approach
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- SunPower and the Army Work on Solar Project in Alabama
- Climate and Energy Policies Working