Bombardier Wins Hybrid Locomotive Contracts Worth $485 Million
Bombardier has won orders worth $485 million to supply hybrid locomotives for the transport bodies in New Jersey and Montreal, Thomson Financial News reports, (via Forbes).
The new dual-powered locomotives will be capable of operating under both diesel power and alternating current electric power from overhead sources – a first in North America.
New Jersey Transit Corp. awarded the company a $262 million-order, which includes orders for 26 locomotive for passenger trains with options for 63 more.
The Agence Metropolitaine de Transport de Montreal awarded the company a $233 million-order, which includes orders for 20 locomotives with options for 10 more.
In July, Bombardier’s aerospace division in Northern Ireland announced it has slashed CO2 emissions by 69 percent since 2001.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store