Bombardier Wins Hybrid Locomotive Contracts Worth $485 Million
Bombardier has won orders worth $485 million to supply hybrid locomotives for the transport bodies in New Jersey and Montreal, Thomson Financial News reports, (via Forbes).
The new dual-powered locomotives will be capable of operating under both diesel power and alternating current electric power from overhead sources – a first in North America.
New Jersey Transit Corp. awarded the company a $262 million-order, which includes orders for 26 locomotive for passenger trains with options for 63 more.
The Agence Metropolitaine de Transport de Montreal awarded the company a $233 million-order, which includes orders for 20 locomotives with options for 10 more.
In July, Bombardier’s aerospace division in Northern Ireland announced it has slashed CO2 emissions by 69 percent since 2001.
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables