Bombardier Wins Hybrid Locomotive Contracts Worth $485 Million
Bombardier has won orders worth $485 million to supply hybrid locomotives for the transport bodies in New Jersey and Montreal, Thomson Financial News reports, (via Forbes).
The new dual-powered locomotives will be capable of operating under both diesel power and alternating current electric power from overhead sources – a first in North America.
New Jersey Transit Corp. awarded the company a $262 million-order, which includes orders for 26 locomotive for passenger trains with options for 63 more.
The Agence Metropolitaine de Transport de Montreal awarded the company a $233 million-order, which includes orders for 20 locomotives with options for 10 more.
In July, Bombardier’s aerospace division in Northern Ireland announced it has slashed CO2 emissions by 69 percent since 2001.
Energy Manager News
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains