Green Event Marketing Catching On
A new study, ‚ÄúThe Green Event Imperative‚ÄĚ by the Event Marketing Institute, outlines best practices for marketers to make their shows more environmentally friendly and shows that green event marketing is here to stay.
The study finds that investment in green event marketing could double over the next 18 months. The study also found that companies claiming to be active in green initiatives have a significant gap between their participation and their level of commitment.
The study surveyed 900 marketing and events marketing executives between March and April, and revealed that 43 percent of the companies have incorporated green marketing initiatives; 64 percent say their customers won’t be willing to pay more than a 2 percent premium for green products and services; and 37 percent say their companies incorporate sustainable practices into their event marketing ‚Äúwhenever possible.‚ÄĚ
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend