Satcon to Power Largest Single Rooftop Solar Array in U.S.
Satcon Technology Corp. recently received orders for Satcon PowerGate inverters from American Capital Energy to connect Atlantic City Convention Center to the power grid.
Atlantic City Convention Center’s 2.36 megawatt solar photovoltaic power system will mount more than 13,300 solar panels on its rooftop. It will be developed through a 20-year Power Purchase Agreement with Pepco Energy Services and is expected to save ACCC $4.4 million in energy costs over a 20-year period.
The installed system will use Satcon’s 500 kilowatt PowerGate inverters and is touted as the largest single roof-mounted solar array in the U.S.
Construction began in June and is expected to be compete by December 2008.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners