Satcon to Power Largest Single Rooftop Solar Array in U.S.
Satcon Technology Corp. recently received orders for Satcon PowerGate inverters from American Capital Energy to connect Atlantic City Convention Center to the power grid.
Atlantic City Convention Center’s 2.36 megawatt solar photovoltaic power system will mount more than 13,300 solar panels on its rooftop. It will be developed through a 20-year Power Purchase Agreement with Pepco Energy Services and is expected to save ACCC $4.4 million in energy costs over a 20-year period.
The installed system will use Satcon’s 500 kilowatt PowerGate inverters and is touted as the largest single roof-mounted solar array in the U.S.
Construction began in June and is expected to be compete by December 2008.
Energy Manager News
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales