Satcon to Power Largest Single Rooftop Solar Array in U.S.
Satcon Technology Corp. recently received orders for Satcon PowerGate inverters from American Capital Energy to connect Atlantic City Convention Center to the power grid.
Atlantic City Convention Center’s 2.36 megawatt solar photovoltaic power system will mount more than 13,300 solar panels on its rooftop. It will be developed through a 20-year Power Purchase Agreement with Pepco Energy Services and is expected to save ACCC $4.4 million in energy costs over a 20-year period.
The installed system will use Satcon’s 500 kilowatt PowerGate inverters and is touted as the largest single roof-mounted solar array in the U.S.
Construction began in June and is expected to be compete by December 2008.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency