Satcon to Power Largest Single Rooftop Solar Array in U.S.
Satcon Technology Corp. recently received orders for Satcon PowerGate inverters from American Capital Energy to connect Atlantic City Convention Center to the power grid.
Atlantic City Convention Center’s 2.36 megawatt solar photovoltaic power system will mount more than 13,300 solar panels on its rooftop. It will be developed through a 20-year Power Purchase Agreement with Pepco Energy Services and is expected to save ACCC $4.4 million in energy costs over a 20-year period.
The installed system will use Satcon’s 500 kilowatt PowerGate inverters and is touted as the largest single roof-mounted solar array in the U.S.
Construction began in June and is expected to be compete by December 2008.
Energy Manager News
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals
- Mercy Housing, Promise Energy Teaming Up
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016