Speedo Saves With Sustainable Packaging
Speedo announced its goggles will be packaged in sustainable cardboard, Packagingnews.co.uk reports.
The new packaging is 100 percent recyclable and uses Forestry Stewardship Council-certified cardboard box that can be hung vertically and horizontally. The pouches are partially made from cut-off fabric from Speedo swimsuits; replacing the traditional PVC pouch.
Since switching to the sustainable packaging the company says it has cut 118 tons of PVC and 316 tons of plastic.
The new packaging and on-pack graphics were created by R Design and will be launched later this month in U.K., with international roll-out in early 2009.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned