Speedo Saves With Sustainable Packaging
Speedo announced its goggles will be packaged in sustainable cardboard, Packagingnews.co.uk reports.
The new packaging is 100 percent recyclable and uses Forestry Stewardship Council-certified cardboard box that can be hung vertically and horizontally. The pouches are partially made from cut-off fabric from Speedo swimsuits; replacing the traditional PVC pouch.
Since switching to the sustainable packaging the company says it has cut 118 tons of PVC and 316 tons of plastic.
The new packaging and on-pack graphics were created by R Design and will be launched later this month in U.K., with international roll-out in early 2009.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland