Speedo Saves With Sustainable Packaging
Speedo announced its goggles will be packaged in sustainable cardboard, Packagingnews.co.uk reports.
The new packaging is 100 percent recyclable and uses Forestry Stewardship Council-certified cardboard box that can be hung vertically and horizontally. The pouches are partially made from cut-off fabric from Speedo swimsuits; replacing the traditional PVC pouch.
Since switching to the sustainable packaging the company says it has cut 118 tons of PVC and 316 tons of plastic.
The new packaging and on-pack graphics were created by R Design and will be launched later this month in U.K., with international roll-out in early 2009.
Energy Manager News
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing