Speedo Saves With Sustainable Packaging
Speedo announced its goggles will be packaged in sustainable cardboard, Packagingnews.co.uk reports.
The new packaging is 100 percent recyclable and uses Forestry Stewardship Council-certified cardboard box that can be hung vertically and horizontally. The pouches are partially made from cut-off fabric from Speedo swimsuits; replacing the traditional PVC pouch.
Since switching to the sustainable packaging the company says it has cut 118 tons of PVC and 316 tons of plastic.
The new packaging and on-pack graphics were created by R Design and will be launched later this month in U.K., with international roll-out in early 2009.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners