City Harvest Turns Refrigerated Truck Fleet ‘Green’
City Harvest has partnered with Penske Truck Leasing to launch an environmentally-friendly refrigerated truck fleet. The non-profit plans to convert its entire fleet of 16 trucks to full hybrid technology by the end of 2009.
The hybrids are expected to double City Harvest’s efficiency and reduce emissions by 40 percent, according to Joe Cataudella, New York Metro area vice president of Penske Truck Leasing,
Transforming City Harvest’s fleet to hybrid truck is expected to reduce the non-profit’s fuel costs by over $98,000 per year and save an estimated 560,000 pounds of carbon annually, equivalent to removing 47 cars of the road.
Energy Manager News
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes
- Florida Supreme Court Puts Kibosh on FPL Fracking Charge
- Restaurant Supply Company Bakes Energy Efficiency into New Facility