City Harvest Turns Refrigerated Truck Fleet ‘Green’
City Harvest has partnered with Penske Truck Leasing to launch an environmentally-friendly refrigerated truck fleet. The non-profit plans to convert its entire fleet of 16 trucks to full hybrid technology by the end of 2009.
The hybrids are expected to double City Harvest’s efficiency and reduce emissions by 40 percent, according to Joe Cataudella, New York Metro area vice president of Penske Truck Leasing,
Transforming City Harvest’s fleet to hybrid truck is expected to reduce the non-profit’s fuel costs by over $98,000 per year and save an estimated 560,000 pounds of carbon annually, equivalent to removing 47 cars of the road.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project