City Harvest Turns Refrigerated Truck Fleet ‘Green’
City Harvest has partnered with Penske Truck Leasing to launch an environmentally-friendly refrigerated truck fleet. The non-profit plans to convert its entire fleet of 16 trucks to full hybrid technology by the end of 2009.
The hybrids are expected to double City Harvest’s efficiency and reduce emissions by 40 percent, according to Joe Cataudella, New York Metro area vice president of Penske Truck Leasing,
Transforming City Harvest’s fleet to hybrid truck is expected to reduce the non-profit’s fuel costs by over $98,000 per year and save an estimated 560,000 pounds of carbon annually, equivalent to removing 47 cars of the road.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry