City Harvest Turns Refrigerated Truck Fleet ‘Green’
City Harvest has partnered with Penske Truck Leasing to launch an environmentally-friendly refrigerated truck fleet. The non-profit plans to convert its entire fleet of 16 trucks to full hybrid technology by the end of 2009.
The hybrids are expected to double City Harvest’s efficiency and reduce emissions by 40 percent, according to Joe Cataudella, New York Metro area vice president of Penske Truck Leasing,
Transforming City Harvest’s fleet to hybrid truck is expected to reduce the non-profit’s fuel costs by over $98,000 per year and save an estimated 560,000 pounds of carbon annually, equivalent to removing 47 cars of the road.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array