Constellation NewEnergy Supplies US Open With RECs
Electricity consumption at the US Open will be matched by an estimated 2,000 Green-e certified renewable energy certificates supplied by Constellation NewEnergy, a subsidiary of Constellation Energy.
“Big-time sporting events provide a unique platform to educate our fans on green initiatives, and we feel that the best way we can educate is to lead by example,” said Arlen Kantarian, chief executive officer, Pro Tennis, USTA.
In the past, CNE has provided renewable energy to sporting events and venues across the country, such as securing wind RECs to match the electricity used at Gillette Stadium, home to the New England Patriots.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures