Constellation NewEnergy Supplies US Open With RECs
Electricity consumption at the US Open will be matched by an estimated 2,000 Green-e certified renewable energy certificates supplied by Constellation NewEnergy, a subsidiary of Constellation Energy.
“Big-time sporting events provide a unique platform to educate our fans on green initiatives, and we feel that the best way we can educate is to lead by example,” said Arlen Kantarian, chief executive officer, Pro Tennis, USTA.
In the past, CNE has provided renewable energy to sporting events and venues across the country, such as securing wind RECs to match the electricity used at Gillette Stadium, home to the New England Patriots.
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016