Constellation NewEnergy Supplies US Open With RECs
Electricity consumption at the US Open will be matched by an estimated 2,000 Green-e certified renewable energy certificates supplied by Constellation NewEnergy, a subsidiary of Constellation Energy.
“Big-time sporting events provide a unique platform to educate our fans on green initiatives, and we feel that the best way we can educate is to lead by example,” said Arlen Kantarian, chief executive officer, Pro Tennis, USTA.
In the past, CNE has provided renewable energy to sporting events and venues across the country, such as securing wind RECs to match the electricity used at Gillette Stadium, home to the New England Patriots.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works