Constellation NewEnergy Supplies US Open With RECs
Electricity consumption at the US Open will be matched by an estimated 2,000 Green-e certified renewable energy certificates supplied by Constellation NewEnergy, a subsidiary of Constellation Energy.
“Big-time sporting events provide a unique platform to educate our fans on green initiatives, and we feel that the best way we can educate is to lead by example,” said Arlen Kantarian, chief executive officer, Pro Tennis, USTA.
In the past, CNE has provided renewable energy to sporting events and venues across the country, such as securing wind RECs to match the electricity used at Gillette Stadium, home to the New England Patriots.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland